Roger Goodell at the NFL annual meetings in AZ. The league will not mess with the playoff system... yet. - Steve Mitchell-US PRESSWIRE
New England Patriots Daily News and Links for 3/19/13
- Erik Scalavino shares some Patriots-related items from the annual meeting.
- Erik Scalavino reports as Robert Kraft discusses the schedule for the next few days and his role at the annual meeting.
- Erik Scalavino says Robert Kraft is still passionate about losing Wes Welker.
- The New England Patriots announce the signing of free agent T Will Svitek.
- Patriots Today - Robert Kraft discusses Wes Welker. (14.30 min. video)
- Patriots Today - Kraft talks "Tuck Rule". (1.46 min. video)
- Mike Reiss gives us his opinion as to why Robert Kraft went public with his frustration about how the Welker deal went wrong.
- Karen Guregian describes the scene as Robert Kraft went on the attack yesterday, defending his team on the subject of losing Wes Welker.
- Ron Borges calls Robert Kraft a liar.
- Mike Reiss takes a closer look at Welker's deal with the Broncos and offers some quick-hit thoughts.
- Christopher Price explains why slot receivers are getting shortchanged in the NFL market.
- Mike Reiss tells us what other Dunn & Murphy clients are with the Pats.
- Jeff Howe thinks it's fair to expect Sebastian Vollmer to decide soon whether he'll return to the Patriots.
- Mike Reiss looks at LT Jake Long's deal and how that could have a trickle-down effect on Sebastian Vollmer's status.
- Christopher Price talks about Vollmer, Julian Edelman and how the Leon Washington signing might affect Jeff Demps.
- Mike Reiss offers a few thoughts and observations from the NFL annual meeting in Arizona.
- The AP reports Roger Goodell says there will not be expanded playoffs for 2013.
- Mike Reiss reports there are no compensatory picks for the Patriots.
- Field Yates reports the Patriots have reinstated FB Tony Fiametta to the active roster from the reserve/left squad.
- Mike Reiss answers his weekly reader mailbag, after first declaring it a 'Welker-free' zone.
- Don Banks (SI) Patriots owner Robert Kraft upset with Wes Welker's agent.
- Staff Report (NFL.com) Wes Welker's representatives respond to Robert Kraft.
- Albert Breer (NFL.com) Robert Kraft, Wes Welker's agents differ on split.
- Peter Schrager (Fox Sports) Kraft: We 'wanted Wes Welker back'.
- James Walker (ESPN) Wes Welker blame game a fruitless exercise.
- Mike Freeman (CBS Sports) Kraft needs to let it go with Welker.
- Michael David Smith (ProFootballTalk) Wes Welker's camp says Patriots' approach was "take it or leave it".
- Darin Gantt (ProFootballTalk) Kraft insists Welker first choice, but agent missed mark.
- Alex Marvez (Fox Sports) Reviewing the madness of free agency.
- Gregg Rosenthal (NFL.com) Are Andre Smith, Sebastian Vollmer the next to sign?
- Chris Burke (SI) Best of the rest in the second tier of free agency.
- Mike Garafolo (USA Today) Big money for pass rushers goes up in smoke.
- Mike Freeman (CBS Sports) NFL players furious about salary cuts for younger veterans, too.
- Pete Prisco (CBS Sports) Cap restrictions, draft philosophy make grading free agency tough. Pats earn a B-