CB Marquice Cole re-signed with the Patriots. - Jamie McDonald
New England Patriots Daily News and Links for 3/21/13
- The New England Patriots announced that they have re-signed unrestricted free agents CB Marquice Cole and LB Niko Koutouvides.
- Erik Scalavino posts some of the insights shared by men who coached, or coached against, some new Patriots players, as the annual meeting wraps up.
- Andy Hart reports that according to Adam Schefter, the Patriots are among a handful of teams interested in former Chiefs T Eric Winston.
- Patriots Today - Pats present at B.C. Pro Day. (3.53 min. video)
- Greg A. Bedard resets the Patriots depth chart that includes where they still have needs to fill.
- Mike Reiss offers some thoughts on the demise of the Tuck Rule.
- Chad Finn bids farewell to the ridiculous Tuck Rule and uses it as a good excuse to post a series of video clips from the snow game.
- Shalise Manza Young writes about the elimination of the Tuck Rule that defined the Patriots' 2001 postseason.
- Ron Borges makes the stretch to assert that Robert Kraft was sticking it to the late Al Davis, by abstaining from the Tuck Rule vote.
- Christopher Price says Sebastian Vollmer is one of the top ten best players still available in free agency.
- Christopher Price tells us what Right Tackle would look like for the Patriots if they lose Sebastian Vollmer.
- Field Yates reports that a league source told Adam Schefter that the Patriots are interested in free agent RT Eric Winston.
- Field Yates talks about the Patriots interest in recently signed free agents DL Marcus Spears and DT Desmond Bryant, and what it means.
- Karen Guregian draws a clearer picture of what kind of play we can expect from hard-hitting safety Adrian Wilson.
- Karen Guregian Patriots Notebook: Talks with Sebastian Vollmer are heating up as Belichick was seen having a sit-down discussion with Vollmer's agent; Pats are also reportedly interested in Eric Winston who is visiting the Dolphins; Jeff Fisher spoke highly of Danny Amendola and believes Pats fans will not be disappointed in him at any level; Pete Carroll praised his ex-kick returner Leon Washington.
- Mike Reiss highlights Tedy Bruschi's thoughts on the Welker/Amendola situation in New England.
- Christopher Price posts a free agency update: Ed Reed signed with the Texans; Brian Urlacher parts ways with Bears.
- WEEI scouts potential Patriots in this years draft: OT Brennan Williams (UNC).
- James Walker (ESPN) Updating AFC East WR rankings.
- Gregg Rosenthal (NFL.com) NFL free agency: The top remaining players.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) Helmet rule passes.
- Don Banks (SI) Outrage over new helmet rule much ado about nothing.
- NFL Total Access (NFL.com) Mike Mayock has strong words for new helmet rule. (3.15 min. video)
- Gregg Rosenthal (NFL.com) NFL rule changes cause controversy, draw ire.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) NFL wants coaches to not complain about new helmet-use rule.
- Josh Alper (ProFootballTalk) The Tuck Rule is no more.
- Michael David Smith (ProFootballTalk) NFL passes Jim Schwartz rule.
- Michael David Smith (ProFootballTalk) Pro Bowl survives another year.
- Jon Machota (Dallas Morning News) Emmitt Smith: Tom Brady, Peyton Manning are comfortable behind their O-Lines, Tony Romo is not.
- Press Conference (Chargers.com) Danny Woodhead addresses the media after signing with San Diego. (6.25 min. video)