Kyle Arrington and the Patriots are working on a deal to keep him in New England. - Jim Rogash
New England Patriots Daily News and Links for 3/04/13
- Karen Guregian wouldn't be surprised if the Pats didn't end up tagging any player before the 4 p.m. deadline today.
- Tom E. Curran hears that the Patriots are still weighing their options on the franchise tag today, and that progress has been made on a new deal for Welker.
- Mike Reiss shares some quick-hit weekend thoughts from the Patriots and around the NFL.
- Mike Reiss highlights from soundbites from Kyle Arrington on Sirius XM NFL Radio's 'Late Hits' program. Arrington says there's mutual interest for his return.
- Shalise Manza Young reports the Patriots have until March 16 to decide whether or not to exercise a $3 million option bonus to keep Brandon Lloyd.
- Karen Guregian highlights Robert Kraft's' details of the Brady deal from Peter King's MMQB.
- Tom E. Curran sees through everything: Evil Tom Brady is at it again.
- Karen Guregian talks with former QB Warren Moon about Tom Brady being able to play until he's 40.
- The Herald staff offers a look at the stats of the all-time leaders among QBs who were 40-plus years old at start of season.
- Jeff Howe talks about Jeff Demps recommitment to track.
- Mike Rodak reports New England released FB Spencer Larsen and waived OT Kyle Hix on Friday.
- Mike Reiss highlights Don Banks' Patriots season preview piece on SI.com.
- Mike Reiss shares some of the interesting things he learned from the MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference. Part I and Part II.
- Kevin Dupont and Greg Bedard debate how the Patriots will spend their cap money. (2.47 min. video)
- WEEI scouts potential Patriots in this year's draft: WR Tavon Austin (West Virginia), DT Sheldon Richardson (Missouri) and CB Sanders Commings (Georgia).
- Peter King (SI) MMQB: Flacco, Brady on opposite ends of QB spectrum.
Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) Kraft insists Brady deal won't be re-done. Florio insists there must be a wink-nod arrangement for after Brady retires, even while insisting there's no evidence of this. Gah!
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) Kyle Arrington hopes to return to the Pats.
- The Sports Reporters (ESPN) Jamele Hill: Brady made perfect read. (1 min. video)
- Dan Pompei (Nat'l Football Post) Sunday Blitz: Best intangible QBs of all-time and more.
- James Walker (ESPN) Eight in the box: Quarterback situations.
- Michael David Smith (ProFootballTalk) Robert Kraft: We lucked out getting Roger Goodell as commissioner.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) NFL's game of franchise tag ends Monday.
- Staff Report (NFL.com) NFL teams face franchise-tag deadline at 4 p.m.
- James Walker (ESPN) Why Dolphins are my sleeper pick for 2013.
- Mike Freeman (CBS Sports) Ravens lock down plan, players for next dynasty.
- Darin Gantt (ProFootballTalk) Brian Hoyer missed unrestricted market by one week.
- Mike Mayock (NFL.com) Top five position rankings for 2013 NFL Draft.
- Nate Davis (USA Today) AFC East free agency preview.
- Marc Sessler (NFL.com) Free agency primer: Ranking top interior D-linemen.
- Russ Lande (Nat'l Football Post) Mock Draft version 7.0. Pats pick DE Margus Hunt (SMU).
- Chris Burke (SI) 2013 NFL Draft big board 3.0.
- Russ Lande (Nat'l Football Post) NFP Pro Day Preview March 4-8: Part One.