OL Donald Thomas is expected to test free agency. - Jim Rogash
New England Patriots Daily News and Links for 3/07/13
- Andy Hart analyzes the various media reports that paint very different pictures of the ongoing negotiations between Wes Welker and the Patriots.
- Patriots 2013 Mock Draft Tracker. Check out what the 'experts' are predicting the Patriots will do in the first round come draft weekend.
- Shalise Manza Young reports he Patriots have shown interest in re-signing Donald Thomas, but it is "fully expected" that he will test free agency.
- Greg A. Bedard reports the noise about Wes Welker will only get louder this weekend.
- Christopher Price looks at what the Patriots offense would look like without Wes Welker.
- Greg A. Bedard tells us all to take a deep breath and why he expects Wes Welker to stay with the Patriots when all is said and done.
- Mike Reiss believes Wes Welker has earned the right to test the market, but would be surprised if he is not back with New England.
- Tom E. Curran explains Wes Welker and the Patriots are going through a dance similar to the one Adam Vinatieri went through here years ago.
- Ron Borges insists that if Wes Welker doesn’t have more than "mild disdain’’ for what’s gone on with him in Foxboro, he’s an idiot.
- Rich Levine thinks both Welker and the Pats can deal with mild disdain. "It's not even regular disdain."
- Jeff Howe paints a picture of where things stand between the Patriots and their top six free agents.
- Field Yates reviews the Patriots free agents beyond the Big 3: Patrick Chung.
- Greg A. Bedard posts the NFL rules for the new legal tampering period.
- Mike Reiss looks at potential free-agent fits for the Patriots by position: Safety.
- Tom E. Curran looks at impending free agents by position, and how them might fit in with the Patriots needs: Defensive backs.
- Zuri Berry scouts the draft: WR Cordarrelle Patterson (Tennessee).
- Corey Bourassa reports Robert Kraft was ranked the 12th most powerful person in sports.
- Kerry J. Byrne (Cold Hard Football Facts) New England Patriots can win, even thrive without Wes Welker.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) Pats remain the favorite for Welker, but barely.
- Gregg Rosenthal (NFL.com) Wes Welker, New England Patriots not near contract.
- Joe Fortenbaugh (Nat'l Football Post) The perfect fit? Many believe that Danny Amendola will be the next man up for the Patriots.
- Staff Report (Hattiesburg American) NFL head coach Bill Belichick to speak in Hattiesburg.
- Darin Gantt (ProFootballTalk) No new policy, but NFL will discuss permissible questions.
- John Clayton (ESPN) Don't expect free-agency quick fix.
- Mike Wilkening (ProFootballTalk) The free agent hot 100.
- Gregg Rosenthal (NFL.com) Free agency primer: Ranking the tight ends.
- Jamison Hensley (ESPN) Ravens need to play it smart with Ed Reed.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) Once again, players may be pricing themselves out of the market.
- Bob Kravitz (Indy Star) Jeff Saturday's biggest regret with Colts was not chasing perfect season.
- Don Banks (SI) Ranking the 10 most powerful people in the NFL.
- Vinnie Iyer (Sporting News) Wide receiver rankings: Tavon Austin, Cordarrelle Patterson top 2013 NFL Draft class.
- Gil Brandt (NFL.com) Eric Fisher, Ezekiel Ansah among NFL draft's future Pro Bowlers.
- Michael David Smith (ProFootballTalk) Roger Goodell: The future of football relies on changing the game.
- Michael David Smith (ProFootballTalk) Goodell denies saying he fears a player will die on the field.