- Paul Perillo reports Bill Belichick was able to add four picks and revamp the entire draft in one trade with the Vikings.
- Andy Hart says the Patriots have plenty of options heading into tonight's second round.
- Erik Scalavino posts a recap of New England's action on Day 1 of the 2013 NFL Draft.
- Press Conference Transcript: Nick Caserio (7.57 min. video)
Patriots Today - Inside the draft room. (1.39 min. video) Belichick smiles for a split second, I swear!
- Shalise Manza Young reports New England got what it wanted last night - a Minnesota team desperate enough to give up four picks to trade up into the first round.
- Greg A. Bedard calls the first round of this year's draft a stinker, and doesn't think it was a bad thing for the Patriots to have traded out.
- Jeff Howe believes the Patriots 1 for 4 trade gives them more flexibility.
- Mike Reiss offers his initial reaction to the Patriots trade, and doesn't think they're done wheeling and dealing.
- Tom E. Curran reports the Patriots fixed the gaping hole right in the middle of their draft board.
- Ron Borges would prefer getting "a player who can get into the end zone or prevent the Ravens from getting there" over getting "value".
- Christopher Price writes the Patriots deal was a risk, but it could create an even greater opportunity.
- Nick Underhill states the Patriots won in the Vikings trade, and looks at what they might do with the extra picks.
- Mike Reiss looks ahead to Day 2 of the draft with a few thoughts on how it could go for the Pats.
- Mike Rodak notes Nick Caserio feels pretty good going into Round 2.
- Jeff Howe reports the Browns and Patriots revisited their earlier trade discussions involving Ryan Mallett, but neither side budged from their original offers.
- Erik Frenz grades the AFC East's first-round picks. Pats get an A- for their trade.
- Nick Underhill breaks down the superlatives from Day one at the Draft.
- Shalise Manza Young notes Robert Kraft feels "it's going to be very hard for someone who gets drafted to come in and start on our team."
- Mike Reiss shares Robert Kraft's insight that the Patriots view this year's draft as more about building depth.
- Karen Guregian was with Vince Wilfork at his 10th annual draft party last night and says he had called the trade-down move earlier.
- Jeff Howe Patriots Notebook: Jeff Demps may be on the trading block today or tomorrow; Patriots held an emotional ceremony for first responders at their Gillette Stadium draft party last night; Robert Kraft isn't worried about quantity because of the quality across the top of the Pats' depth chart.
- Staff Report (Sporting News) Joe Andruzzi's speech a touching moment at NFL Draft.
- Report (St. Paul Pioneer Press) Vikings draft: Trade to Patriots reasonable, according to value chart.
- Judd Zulgad (1500ESPN Twin Cities) Vikings GM bolts from presser in order to make late deal (with Patriots).
- Pete Prisco (CBS Sports) Grades: 2013 NFL Draft Round 1. "Three picks to draft Patterson is way too much. I like Patterson as a player, but three picks? Wow."
- Kevin Patra (NFL.com) Dee Milliner, Sheldon Richardson set sights on Brady.
- Don Banks (SI) With GM seats burning, Bills and Dolphins go bold; More from Day 1.
- Report (NFL.com) 2013 NFL Draft trade tracker: Details of all the moves.
- Will Brinson (CBS Sports) 2013 NFL Draft: Winners and losers, Day 1, a tale of two drafts.
- Kerry Byrne (Cold Hard Football Facts) Cattle call: We grade 32 prime cuts from round one.
- Chris Burke (SI) 2013 NFL Draft first-round grades.
- Vinnie Iyer (Sporting News) NFL Draft 2013: Day 2 predictions.
- Gregg Rosenthal (NFL.com) 2013 NFL Draft: Best remaining players.
- Dane Brugler (CBS Sports) 2013 NFL Draft: Best prospects available after day one.
- Jarrett Bell (USA Today) How many NFL draftees will end up broke?