Click each position title to find profiles for draft prospects.
2. Interior Linemen - All three of Logan Mankins, Ryan Wendell, and Dan Connolly have been maddeningly inconsistent the past few seasons. Tom Brady's weakness is pressure up the middle, so this grouping has to improve.
3. Defensive Tackle - Vince Wifork's aging and there's no clear cut top talents on the roster behind him
4. Wide Receiver - There's potential in Aaron Dobson and Kenbrell Thompkins, and Josh Boyce is still young. If Julian Edelman is extended, then he and Danny Amendola round out a solid core. Still, the team could do with a dominant player on the outside to complement the strong interior.
5. Cornerback - If Aqib Talib walks, the Patriots could do well by adding another top talent to the position.
7. Linebacker - With Brandon Spikes and Dane Fletcher free agents, the Patriots are looking at Jerod Mayo, Dont'a Hightower, and Jamie Collins as the future. Any additional talent is a bonus, but it relies heavily upon where the free agents go.
10. Safety - Devin McCourty is one of the best in the league and, when healthy, Steve Gregory provides high leadership and solid play. Duron Harmon adds value as a playable, versatile safety with upside, while Tavon Wilson is only a special teams player alongside Nate Ebner. No real need at this position.
11. Quarterback - Tom Brady will play forever, but Ryan Mallett enters his final season. Is there any trade value? If so, the Pats could look to add depth at the position if they want to move Mallett.
12. Offensive Tackle - Nate Solder and Sebastian Vollmer are fantastic. Marcus Cannon is a solid swing tackle. Will Svitek is a free agent, who could be brought back. This position doesn't need much help at all.