- Chris Gasper writes, the Patriots blew away the Broncos, 41-7, in their most complete performance of the season.
- Gasper reports Laurence Maroney was put on injured reserve, praises his replacement BenJarvus Green-Ellis, and updates us on other injured players.
- Mike Reiss notes smashmouth football was in play last night against the overmatched, sloppy Broncos.
- Reiss gives us his Ups and Downs, game notes, and post-game reactions from Broncos coach Mike Shanahan, Bill Belichick, Matt Cassel, and others.
- Shalise Manza Young talks up the fun angle, "Having fun and a lot of hard work" were the two things that propelled the Pats to a stellar defensive effort and a well-rounded offensive attack, safety James Sanders said.
- Karen Guregian points out the game came with a price. Referring to Rodney Harrison being carted off, Patriots coach Bill Belichick said after the game, “It doesn’t look too good.”
- Ron Borges says they battered the Broncos all over Gillette Stadium, yet there was no joy because Sammy Morris injured his knee after rushing for 138 yards in the first half and did not return and safety Rodney Harrison was carted off after the last play of the third quarter.
- Dan Shaughnessey's focus is in the opposite direction, saying the Broncos were so bad it was difficult to get a read on New England's strengths.
- Julian Benbow sums up Mike Shanahan's view of the game, "an unmitigated disaster," blaming the Broncos eight penalties and crediting the Patriots defense.
- Jennifer Toland boosts the Patriots' Defense, calling the forced turnovers in last nights win a confidence-booster.
- Jim Donaldson has the Patriots going from terrible to terrific in one week.
- Chris Forsberg says Moss got a rare opportunity in the short-passing game last night and showed why he's so dangerous with the ball in his hands.
- Dan Duggan gives Matt Cassel a passing grade for his performance, and gives us his Best and Worst of last night's win.
VIEW FROM DENVER
- Mike Klis (Denver Post) comments, "With a national audience watching the only NFL game of the night, the Broncos were pitiful while getting destroyed 41-7 by the New England Patriots."
- Mark Kiszla (Denver Post) says "Shanahan can't seem to find the answers for a team with a nasty habit of starting season after season quickly, only to be exposed as frauds."
- Jeff Legwold (Rocky Mountain News) sums it up as "a migraine-inducing stew for the Broncos as they now head into a bye week at 4-3 looking far more like a team that will be on the outside, nose pressed against the glass of the postseason."
- Bernie Lincicome (Rocky Mountain News) says the game was lost in the fumbles, punts and turnovers. "This surely is the low point, meaning only that anything higher is still barely above the ankles."
- NFL Game Center has the post-game stats and analysis and that nice little pick-me-up highlight video.
- Tim Graham (ESPN) wonders who the real Patriots are, telling us what the Patriots have figured out so far and what they haven't, and why it was good for them to cut loose and have some fun.
- Alex Marvez (FOX) says the Pats rout of Denver epitomizes the state of the NFL's '08 season so far.
FOX also gives their 5 Keys to Monday night's rout.