- Karen Guregian reports that doctors are so concerned about containing the infection in Tom Brady's left knee they have performed three procedures in an attempt to eradicate it.
- Mike Reiss notes that if Sammy the bull Morris and LaMont Jordan aren't ready for action Sunday against the Rams, that leaves Faulk, Evans, and rookie BenJarvus Green-Ellis at running back. They say they're ready.
- Reiss reports that Rodney Harrison's roster spot was filled when the Patriots promoted Antwain Spann from the practice squad, but Harrison's role will go to Brandon Meriweather.
- Shalise Manza Young focuses on how Harrison was consummate teacher and role model to the younger players.
- Reiss's blog gives us a look at the snaps played by defensive players in the Patriots’ 41-7 win over the Broncos, and some video analysis of how the Rams have turned around their season.
- Charles Pierce gives us the secret Patriot word of the game, and discusses the complementary game plan for Denver, compliments of the Defense.
- Kerry Byrne points out that it's been feast or famine for the Patriots of 2008.
- Tom Wilcox gives us his Three Keys vs. The Rams.
- Young reports the Rams are suddenly red-hot under Haslett.
- Wilcox discusses the injuries on the Patriots that just keep piling up.
- Robert Lee observes that the Patriots may be battered, but they're not broken.
- Chad Finn gives Rodney Harrison his full due, saying that if there is any justice, Harrison will be enshrined in the Hall of Fame.
WEEI reported this morning that ex-Patriot Chad Jackson was signed by the Denver Broncos, and Kyle Eckel went to the Philadelphia Eagles.
- Patriots host St. Louis Rams on Sunday. Everything you wanted to know about the series history, player connections, broadcast info, and more...
- Wes Welker's 44-yard punt return against the Broncos was a season-best for New England.
- The Patriots placed Rodney Harrison on IR and signed defensive back Antwain Spann to the roster from the practice squad. Additionally, the Patriots signed offensive lineman Dan Connolly and defensive back Mark Dillard to their practice squad.
- Don't look for John Lynch to fill the void. “Our roster is full,” Belichick responded quickly when asked if Lynch would be an option.
- Patriots - Rams injury reports, as of 10/22/08.
- Jeff Gordon (St.Louis Post-Dispatch) says Rams coach Haslett will keep Rams focused.
- Jim Thomas (St.Louis Post-Dispatch) speculates on whether Rams talented running back Steven Jackson will be recovered sufficiently from his right thigh injury to play on Sunday.
- Kathleen Nelson (St.Louis Post-Dispatch) notes Rams fans harbor little love for the New England Patriots, but have kept a soft spot for running back Laurence Maroney, the pride of Normandy High.
- Alex Marvez (Fox) makes the case for Robert Kraft possibly being the best owner in the NFL.
- Jeff Chiada (ESPN) reports on how big receivers in small packages, a la Wes Welker, have impacted the NFL.
Keith Kidd (ESPN) ranks the top five small receivers, putting Wes Welker at number 2. Number 2??????