- Ask Patriots Football Weekly - Michael Parente answers reader questions following Thursday's game.
- Jets - Pats analysis - A rookie tight end proved to be the deciding factor in New York's 34-31 overtime win Thursday night.
- Despite Matt Cassel's 400 yards passing, 3 touchdowns and wild comeback from a 24-6 deficit, the Patriots fell to the New York Jets in overtime, 34-31.
CASSEL IS KING
- Chris Gasper "The Jets gambled that Cassel, unlike Brady, wasn't a good enough quarterback to beat them and they lost that gambit and very nearly the game."
- Tony Massarotti "Matt Cassel can single-handedly bring a team back, and more important, he can lead."
- Shalise Manza Young Patriots' Cassel proves his mettle as QB against Jets.
- John Tomase "The notion that the Patriots should have signed a retread veteran backup now appears laughable. This is Cassel’s team and he’s putting his stamp on it."
- Mike Reiss gives us a look at the snaps played by Patriots defensive players, the snaps played by offensive skill-position players, and the positional groupings utilized by the Patriots’ offense in the team's 34-31 overtime loss to the Jets.
- Mike Petraglia offers his Key Points in Thursday's classic contest.
- Michael Felger presents the Good and the Bad from a crushing loss.
- Rob Bradford makes it clear that Randy Moss is still the man, and anyone who worries about his value needs to have his head examined.
- Steve Buckley suggests maybe they should have sent Matt Cassel out for the coin toss. He had done just about everything else.
- Chris Gasper notes that Special Teams unit dropped the ball.
- Herald's Patriots Notebook: Big production by Jerod Mayo, Logan Mankins not satisfied with his unit's play, Richard Seymour and Vince Wilfork picked up the slack for inactive teammate Ty Warren.
- Robert Lee notes Mangini says Jets did not let up in second half.
- Mike McDermott's Football Today: What to do about our newest star Matt Cassel, other Patriots notes, and NFL Sunday game previews.
- Cold Hard Football Facts offers its deepest thoughts regarding the Jets - Pats game, sung to the tune of Harry Belafonte's Banana Boat Song. Yes, really.
- Dr. Z (SI): Do you know what the biggest play in the 34-31 Jets-Patriots game overtime thriller was? The coin toss for the overtime.
- Jeff Goodman (Fox Sports): Jets haven't truly ended Pats reign.
- Nolan Nawrocki (ProFootball Weekly): says this was vintage Belichick, maximizing the abilities of Matt Cassel.
- Matt Sohn (ProFootball Weekly) says the word we’re hearing from around the league is that Cassel has played his way into what will likely be the most lucrative QB contract in free agency.
- Hub Arkush (ProFootball Weekly) "Watching Randy Moss serve as a blue-chip decoy and ferocious down-field blocker almost all night long without ever complaining and consistently working to rally his teammates until his penultimate catch was made was to watch a great player and true leader in action."