- Chris Gasper reports that cornerback Jason Webster was re-signed by the Patriots. Webster was originally signed by the Patriots in March but released after missing nearly a month of camp with a hamstring injury.
- Robert Lee and Shalise Manza Young report on the Wheatley, Crable, Webster moves, Cassel out of the sack, and Neal and Kaczur back at their starting places.
- Mike Reiss gives us his mid-season Rookie Report, notes the non-information regarding Wheatley's wrist, and looks at some key NFL stats and where the Patriots rank among other clubs. Hope the Bills don't notice our Red-zone Defense stat.
- Globe's Patriots Notebook touches on the Bills troubles with 3-4 defenses, Pats and Bills injuries, the last Buffalo win against NE, and Nick Kaczur's return to the lineup.
- Karen Guregian discusses the tight race in the AFC East, and gives us a look at each of the four teams in contention and their schedules the rest of the way.
- Tom Wilcox notes Sunday’s game is doubly important because of possible head-to-head tiebreakers and the team’s division record.
- Charean Williams admits AFC powers aren't who we thought they were.
- Kerry J. Byrne offers 10 reasons you should be pumped & jacked about the second half of the 2008 season.
- Tom Wilcox gives us his Three Keys against the Bills.
- Robert Lee notes Bills QB Trent Edwards is confident they can get back on track against New England.
- Steve Buckley says guys like BenJarvus Green-Ellis become sort of role models for every undrafted practice-squad wannabe out there who hopes to play.
- Chad Finn notes Matt Cassel has what it takes to be a legitimate and successful starting quarterback in the NFL.
- Tom Caron of NESN interviews Heath Evans about his Heath Evans Foundation (heathevans.org), a charity dedicated to helping children and families affected by sexual abuse.
- Shalise Manza Young talks with Deltha O'Neal and Ellis Hobbs III about our new president-elect Barack Obama.
FOCUS ON BUFFALO
- Mark Gaughan (Buffalo News) notes wins for Patriots keep coming even without Brady.
- Jerry Sullivan (Buffalo News) discusses the Bills' troubling run game, saying "The linemen couldn’t block a doorway."
- Jay Skurski (Niagara Gazette) says for the Bills, losing to New England is nothing new.
- Sal Malorana (Democrat and Chronicle) feels rookie tight end Derek Fine will give Bills a pass-catching target.
- John Wawrow, AP (Albany Times Union): Bills' offense starting to resemble bad old days.
- NFL Blogcast (EMQB): Buffalo Bills Head Coach Dick Jauron.
- Adam Schefter (NFL.com) reports on cornerback DeAngelo Hall's release from the Raiders, the strings attached, and mentions New England as a possible landing place.
- Tim Graham (ESPN) gives out his AFC East midseason awards. Nice to see someone in the national media giving Belichick some love.
- Adam Schein (Fox Sports) presents the first-half grades. Patriots earned a B.
Tim Graham (ESPN): Patriots series has been cruel to Bills, and notes Bill Polian says the Patriots miss Maroney.