- Pats mourn death of Cassel's father; Wednesday notes.
- Pats - Raiders Wed. Injury Reports.
Pressers and Conference Calls: Tom Crable, Bill Belichick, and Junior Seau.
- Bob Hohler and Chris Gasper put together a nice piece on the passing of Greg Cassel, and the strong support Matt is getting from the team.
- Karen Guregian also visits Matt Cassel's tragedy and the prevailing player and coach empathy for him in a difficult time.
- Shalise Manza Young reports Cassel's status for Patriots' game against Raiders is unknown, and discusses Nnamdi Asomugha, who is easily the Raiders’ most talented player and one of the most underrated players in the NFL.
- Globe Patriots Notebook: Raiders cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha ready to cover Randy like moss; LaMont Jordan also returns to the Raiders; injury updates and it's not all bad news.
- Herald Patriots Notebook: Vince Wilfork practiced in a limited capacity; James Sanders out with rib injury and other injury updates; Seau admitted he was "dead" on Monday and Tuesday after his first game back.
- Mike Reiss looks at where the Patriots rank among NFL teams in key statistical categories; Belichick interviewed with Al Davis for the HC position back in 1997; Players rally around Cassel; Patriots on pace to break the NFL record for fewest accepted penalties in a 16-game season; New England is league leader in 10-play-plus drives, but they are tied for 20th in long scoring drives defended.
- Tom Wilcox talks about the two Golden Oldies on the team, Seau and Colvin.
- Tom Wilcox presents his Three Keys vs. Raiders.
VIEW FROM OAKLAND
- Jerry McDonald (ContraCosta Times) Goodell to attend Pats-Raiders.
- Monte Poole (Oakland Tribune) Moss vs. Asomugha matchup a lot better than the game.
- Cam Inman (Oakland Tribune) Will grieving Cassel face Raiders?
- Jason Jones (Sacramento Bee) Russel expected to play against Patriots.
- Steve Corkran (Oakland Tribune) Moss debacle still weighs on Raiders.
- Adam Schefter (NFL.com) blogs about "the man behind the man" Ernie Adams, possibly the best football coach you never heard of.
- Tim Graham (ESPN) notes Belichick is familiar with Cassel's pain, "It's bigger than football."
- Fox Sports Patriots at Raiders Preview.
Matt Bowen (National Football Post) bets Wes Welker could finish the season with 130 receptions. Welker currently leads the league with 96.