- The off-season came earlier than expected for the 2008 Patriots. Today, they shared some final thoughts on the season that was, and what's ahead.
- Patriots - Bills analysis: One wild, final ride.
- Patriots comment on end of 2008 season.
- Bill Belichick's end of season Press Conference.
This week's Player and Coach Interviews from Patriots Monday/Friday on WEEI.
- Chris Gasper finds the Patriots looking for consolation in having season end so well and too early.
- Robert Lee reports Patriots are proud of 11-win season, but upset about missing playoffs.
- Bill Reynolds says there should be no groaning or moaning for overachieving Pats.
- Mike Reiss anticipates the interesting story to come, how the Patriots will handle Matt Cassel and the rest of the current roster.
- Steve Buckley says this season may have been Belichick's best coaching job yet.
- Chad Finn reminds us that there are no bad guys here and in the end it's the Patriots own fault that they missed the playoffs.
- Karen Guregian lists tthe top five questions for the Patriots this offseason.
- Tony Massarotti analyzes the Patriots - Matt Cassel situation, and how it might play out in the coming months.
- John Tomase wonders what's next for Matt Cassel, and notes he already beat the odds of being the 2nd Patriots QB to go from obscurity to stardom.
- Mike Reiss gives us a final look at where the Patriots rank among NFL teams in key stats; Reiss and Gasper discuss the Patriots' 11-5 season and look ahead to a busy offseason; Pats slotted at 24th pick in the draft; Browns are interested in McDaniels too; and a video of the season-ending scene at Gillette Stadium.
- Globe Patriots Notebook: Scott Pioli and Josh McDaniels are in demand from other teams; Belichick has no need to read NBC's report on Brady 'cause he talks to Brady and the trainers himself on a daily basis; Laurence Maroney determined to bounce back for next season; Lamont Jordan is a free agent but would like to come back to the Patriots; Adalius Thomas and Richard Seymour look forward to being 100% for 2009.
Ron Borges offers his Week 17 Report Card.
- NFL.com Jarvis Green nominated for GMC Sierra Defensive Player of the Week.
- Tim Graham (ESPN) notes the wind kept Welker from leading the NFL in catches and breaking the club record he set last year.
- Hub Arkush (ProFootball Weekly) Playoff system may need adjustment.
- Gil Brandt (NFL.com) Wild finish to thrilling regular season.
- Alex Marves (Fox Sports) says Mangini has Favre to thank for pink slip.
- USA Today reports Parcells' contract could let him walk with full money if team is sold, which is close to happening.
Don Banks (SI) discusses Black Monday.