- Ask PFW: Early offseason fury.
- The New England Patriots signed five players to future contracts today - DL Titus Adams, LB Angelo Craig, P Tom Malone, LB Darrell Robertson and OL Ryan Wendell.
- Barry Wilner brings the feel-good story of the day, Jerod Mayo wins Defensive Rookie award.
- Ron Borges reports that the Cleveland Browns are making a huge push for Pioli, offering millions plus full control of the organization and more.
- Ron Borges also notes that Pioli friend Kirk Ferentz would be wooed for Browns head coach position along with other close friend Eric Mangini.
- The AP reports that the Browns are scheduled to interview Eric Mangini on Tuesday.
- Karen Guregian looks at some key players in the operation who have left New England since Belichick took over as head coach in 2000, and how they’ve done since leaving the nest.
- Shalise Manza Young notes some players will have played their last down for the Patriots.
- Ron Borges thinks franchise tag would give Matt Cassel more control over where he would play.
- Jim Donaldson offers A few thoughts on the Patriots as we await playoff season.
- Karen Guregian notes Belichick heaps praise on the Patriots 2008 rookie class.
- Chris Gasper reports Patriots' case seems unlikely to change NFL playoff system.
- Michael Felger concludes Patriots, Belichick put all doubts to rest.
- Mike Reiss answers his weekly mailbag, looks at snaps taken by offensive skill position players from the Bills game, and recognizes Jerod Mayo's Rookie award.
- Karen Guregian says LaMont Jordan is in no rush to leave.
John Tomase notes Ellis Hobbs heads home, ready to rest and recharge for '09.
- Don Banks (SI) Why Pioli-to-Browns will happen. Say it ain't so!
- Vic Carucci (NFL.com) wonders if it's time for decline in New England. Hey, the body is still warm!
- Tim Graham (ESPN) AFC East team evaluations; Bills statement on why they're keeping keeping Jauron; Interceptions don't prohibit Pro-Bowl invites.
- Peter King (SI) feels the Patriots will stick with a healthy Brady over Cassel in 2009.
- Gregg Easterbrook actually writes that the Patriots have been punished enough for their 2007 offenses (wow) and they should have earned a playoff spot this year.
- Matt Bowen (National Football Post) The Player's All-Pro Team. Not a Patriot to be found in either his first or second team. A shame.
George Henry (AP) Offensive Rookie of the Year Matt Ryan marvels at Brady, Manning, Favre.