Slim pickings for the Bye Weekend Folks
- Karen Guregian says that the hard work of Billy Yates will keep him in the starting position.
- Guregian also talks with the number 2 quarterback, Kevin O'Connell
- Mike Reiss spends a Few Minutes With James Sanders.
- Official Patriots Media Center: Patriots Today features Bill Belichick and Mike Vrabel.
- Ask PFW has a special Troy Brown edition.
- The Eagle Tribune calls Troy Brown the ultimate overachiever.
- WEEI's Patriots Friday radio conversations with Logan Mankins, Rodney Harrison and Mike Vrabel.
- The Worcester Telegram & Gazette discusses the O-Line, saying injuries, lack of cohesion are part of the problem.
SHOTS FROM AFAR
- ESPN reports the San Francisco 49ers will retire Hall of Fame quarterback Steve Young's No. 8 jersey in a halftime ceremony during their game against New England on Oct. 5.
- For someone claiming to like and respect the play of Rodney Harrison, Ross Tucker sure spends a lot of time bashing him. Apparently Harrison can't say anything about anyone because using HGH is the dirtiest crime in the NFL.
- King Kaufman's Sports Daily (I warned you the pickings were slim) calls this week the greatest bye week ever.
- USA Today feels that the early-season Bye Week couldn't come at a better time for the Patriots.
- ProFootball Weekly provides a Ron Borges commentary, calling for much needed perspective on the injury to Tom Brady, and the drama involving Vince Young.