Because I like facts, I'd like to remind us all of just how cool it is to have a team this talented. I hate to use the word dynasty, but this "thingy" is an awesome ride. We've paid our dues as New England (Boston) Patriots fans, that's for sure. And we deserve to eat a little cake.
- The Patriots have won six of the last seven times when opening at home, a streak dating back to 1995, when they beat a Bill Belichick-coached Cleveland Browns squad 17-14 at Foxboro Stadium.
- The Patriots have won 19 consecutive regular-season games dating back to a 40-7 win over the Houston Texans at Gillette Stadium on Dec. 17, 2006. New England's 19-game regularseason winning streak is the longest in NFL history, eclipsing the Patriots' 18 consecutive regular-season wins from Oct. 5, 2003 to Oct. 24, 2004.
- Since the beginning of the 2003 season, the Patriots have allowed an average of 17.12 points per game (including playoffs), a mark that leads the NFL over that span.
- The Patriots own an overall record of 46-9 (.836) at Gillette Stadium. Since their state-of-the-art facility opened at the beginning of the 2002 season, the Patriots own the NFL's best record at home.
- The New England Patriots own a 34-9 (.791) record in regular season AFC East games since the beginning of the 2001 season.
That, my friends, is a lot of cake eating.