- The Boston Globe reports Tom Brady has chosen Dr. Neal S. ElAttrache of the Kerlan-Jobe Orthopaedic Clinic in Los Angeles to surgically repair his injured left knee.
- Chris Gasper reports on Richard Seymour's desire to become personally "reaquainted" with 49ers QB J.T. O'Sullivan, who briefly played on the Patriots' practice squad in 2006.
Mike Reiss highlights Richard Seymour playing with the big boys Sunday, on the NFL Today show on CBS.
- Reiss recaps Bill Belichick's daily press conference from Gillette Stadium. Click here for the full transcript.
- Shalise Manza Young talks about the Patriots back to work after the Bye Week, and gives us Monday's practice report from the Dana Farber Field House including which players weren't spotted and why.
- Mike McDermott: The Cowboys prove Tom Jackson wrong (gotta love it!), by proving they are not the new Patriots.
- WEEI - Patriots Monday: Bill Belichick previews the upcoming west coast trip and why the organization decided to stay out west between both games.
- Karen Guregian talks with the players about the back to back games on the west coast and their views on the division standings heading into week 5.
FOCUS ON THE 49ERS
- Shalise Manza Young recommends one mindset when it comes to Sunday’s game against the San Francisco 49ers –– pressure, pressure and more pressure.
- The Patriots leave for San Francisco on Friday.
- The Patriots are using this week to become familiar with San Francisco's quarterback J.T. O'Sullivan, and the rest of the Mike Martz-led offense. The last time these teams played each other was in 2004.
- Pro Football Hall of Famer Mike Singletary, who now serves as assistant head coach/defense for the San Francisco 49ers, shared his thoughts on the Patriots with Mike Reiss.
- The San Francisco Chronicle warns its 49ers to beware of an angry Patriots squad coming to play after the crushing loss to the Dolphins.
- SFC reporter Nancy Gay says that QB O'Sullivan's inexperience shows, and that he won't last long if he continues to take a beating every game.
- SFC reporter John Crumpacker focuses on the 49ers defensive difficulties, especially with the pass rush.
SHOTS FROM AFAR
- ProFootball Talk reports that "during the “Fired Up” segment that ends each week's FOX’s pregame show, former Cowboys and Dolphins coach Jimmy Johnson gives the Detroit Lions some free advice on how to proceed in the wake of the termination of CEO Matt Millen. Says Jimmy: Hire Scott Pioli away from the Patriots."
- NFL Network rates Troy Brown number 5 of the Top 10 most versatile players of all time. Great 3.40 minute highlight video.
- Bill Simmons: "Bill Belichick's theory that everyone on a football team can be replaced at any time is absolutely true ... as long as you're not replacing Tom Brady with Matt Cassel."
Lisa Guerrero (who?), former "director of entertainment" for the Patriots from 1992-1994, grinds her axe against the locals for leaving early, and Tom Brady for leaving Bridget.