- Ron Borges & Karen Guregian speculate that perhaps the selection of a head coach is part of what’s keeping Pioli from finally breaking away from the Pats.
- Mike Reiss reports Broncos have shown interest in McDaniels; Pioli set to interview in Kansas City, won't decide about Browns until after Chiefs meeting.
- Shalise Manza Young says from top to bottom, Patriots may look different next season.
- Projo.com reports NFL insider Mike Lombardi says Pats will franchise Cassel.
- Mike Reiss presents a Final Defensive Snapshot, Final Positional Grouping Wrap, and a Final Offensive Participation Report for the 2008 season.
- Ron Borges issues his season-end Report Card.
- Tony Massarotti offers Bill Belichick his vote for Coach of the Year. "What he did with the talent he possessed (and isn’t that what coaching is all about?) bordered on being a New York City sidewalk con game."
- Chris Gasper discusses Jerod Mayo, what a great player he has been for the Patriots, and his gratitude towards the veterans for their welcome, support and teaching.
- Mike Reiss speculates on the future of LaMont Jordan, who is appreciative of his year with the Patriots and being able to play for one of the best coaches of all time, Bill Belichick.
- Tom Wilcox says Wes Welker had what is undoubtedly one of the greatest single-season performances by a wide receiver in Patriots history.
- Bob Ryan sums up our winter sports scene in Boston.
- Alex Speier notes Patriots are not alone and offers his Best Near-Miss Teams of All Time.
- Mary Kay Cabot (Cleveland Plain Dealer) Cleveland Browns like Eric Mangini, Scott Pioli, too. Can they get them both? Here's where the candidates stand as of Jan. 1st.
- Fred Goodall (AP) Browns meet with New York Giants defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo; GM search continues.
- Ross Tucker (SI) talks about what non-playoff players do now that season is over.
- Jason Whitlock (Fox Sports) NFL Truths: It's all about character.
Dave Hutchinson (Newark Star-Ledger) New York Jets wouldn't mind if Brett Favre decides to retire.