- Patriots hire Floyd Reese as senior football advisor.
Conference call transcript.
- Ask PFW: Belichick Coaching Tree Part I.
- Ask PFW: Belichick Coaching Tree Part II.
New Englanders score big at recent national Punt, Pass & Kick competition.
- Chris Gasper & Shira Springer report Tom Brady is throwing and on track for 2009 opener.
- Shalise Manza Young offers her take on the Floyd Reese hire and official promotion of Nick Caserio to head of personnel.
- Mike Reiss reports Patriots hired Floyd Reese as senior football advisor, offers some details from Reese's career, and presents his analysis of the hire. Here are some soundbites from Reese's Tuesday press conference.
- Karen Guregian finds the addition of Floyd Reese is not a knock on Nick Caserio.
- Mike Reiss notes Victor Hobson chose Bengals over Patriots when asked to return in December and Fernando Bryant never understood why he was cut after Training Camp (maybe he should look at the film?)
- Mike Reiss reports Matt Cassel will be in Tampa this week assisting Gatorade in its marketing efforts, and answers a full mailbag of questions about the Patriots.
- Karen Guregian notes Matt Leinart admires job Matt Cassel did with Patriots.
- Ron Borges says the NFL needs to stop the head games and deal with devastating concussion issue.
- Karen Guregian says Ryan Clark offers no apologies for the way he plays football or for the number of players he's knocked senseless this season.
- Dan Shaughnessy has been flipping through People and watching too much TMZ; thinks pictures of Tom & Gisele prove Brady has gone soft.
- Chris Price notes Patriots fullback Heath Evans breaks down the Super Bowl.
- Matt Sohn (Pro Football Weekly) Just as Parcells is doing for protégé Jeff Ireland — the Dolphins’ young general manager — Reese will do for 33-year-old director of player personnel Nick Caserio.
- Don Banks (SI) Matt Leinart, more running thoughts on Super Bowl XLIII Media Day.
- Robert Boland (National Football Post) Best Organization vs. Worst Organization.
- Associated Press: Tickets to London's Patriots-Buccaneers NFL game go fast. 20,000 sold within the first seven minutes.
- Adam Schefter (NFL.com) Reese happy to be back where he belongs. Patriots put front-office pieces together.
- Tim Graham (ESPN) Patriots land (formerly) chatty Floyd Reese.
- NFL Network Harrison has thoughts about Tomlinson situation.
- Ryan Wilson (NFL Fanhouse) Steelers could (should?) surpass Patriots as NFL's best team.
- Mike Florio (Pro Football Talk) Warner remembers Super Bowl loss more than win.