- Chris Gasper reports Ty Warren underwent surgery yesterday to repair torn abductor muscles in his groin that forced him to miss three games this season.
- Mike Reiss presents the very thing I've been looking for, a breakdown of Patriots players and the season following which their contracts expire.
- Karen Guregian reports Denver invited Josh McDaniels back to a second interview next week, while McDaniels is scheduled to interview with the Rams today.
- Mike McDermott notes that for Pioli, Pats or Chiefs seem to be the choices, plus NFL news.
Erik Boland says Brett Favre will take weeks to make a decision about his future.
- Kerry J. Byrne (Cold Hard Football Facts) Green Bay Hall of Famer Bart Starr -- for our money, the greatest QB of all time -- and New England's future Hall of Famer, Tom Brady are the most successful playoff quarterbacks in history, based upon winning percentage.
- William C. Rhoden (NY Times) smells a conspiracy. Mangini lands on his feet, while Jets fans land hard.
- Andrew Perloff (Fannation) What was Cleveland thinking with Mangini hire?
- Ryan Wilson (AOL Fanhouse) 55 percent of Matt Cassel's passing yards came after the catch; Yes, that led the NFL.
- Adam Teicher (Kansas City Star) Many rumors, few facts, about Chiefs' GM search.
- Adam Schefter (NFL.com) told WEEI's Dennis & Callahan that his best guess is that Pioli stays in New England. (8:50 - 12:15 minute marks)
- Mike Klis (Denver Post) McDaniels would need vets' nod.
- Jim Thomas (St. Louis Post-Dispatch) Search for St. Louis Rams coach grows more urgent; former NY Giants coach Jim Fassel was interviewed Thursday and Josh McDaniels will be interviewed today.
- ProFootball Weekly Grading the coaches for 2008.
- Alex Marvez (Fox Sports) What teams that didn't make the playoffs need.
- David Scott (Charlotte Observer) Panthers Flashback: Super Bowl XXXVIII 2004.