Bill Belichick on Sunday's performance by the Patriots.
OK, that was I thought a really good effort by our team, all the way across the board. I'm really proud of them coming back off last week's game. I thought we executed at a pretty good level, hit some big plays both in the running game, passing game, turning the ball over on defense, played pretty solid in the kicking game, so it was a good, solid all-around effort. The team had a good week of practice and that was reflected in the way that they played. The players really did a good job with the conditions, which is a little unusual for this time of year, but we've talked about them. We've certainly been in wet and in wind, not in snow, but similar. I think they really paid attention to a lot of the details and did a good job of taking care of the ball and playing in those conditions, playing with their feet under them. [It was] a good win. We've got a quick turnaround here. It's really a short week with all the traveling we have and all that, so we're going to have to turn it around pretty quick for Tampa. [It's] good to win and a real good job by our football team today. The players did a great job.
Has any quarterback in NFL history completed 85 percent of his throws in snowy/wintry-mix weather like Brady played in Sunday? I doubt it. With a 29-of-34, 380-yard, six-TD, no-pick game against the hapless Titans (haven't ever written those two words together, I don't think), Brady had an unimaginably good 35-minute game.
- Game Notes: Patriots vs. Titans. Lots of great info here - stats, records, firsts and milestones.
- Erik Scalavino Titans-Pats analysis: 59-0, but questions linger.
- Post-Game Pressers: Bill Belichick (7.27 min), Tom Brady (5 min.), and Wes Welker (5 min.) Plus Transcripts.
Post-Game Quotes: Patriots and Titans.
- Michael Vega recaps how the Patriots piled up points in yesterday's rout of the Titans in the snow.
- Ian Rapoport sums up Sunday's offensive coming-out party at Gillette.
- Shalise Manza Young writes Pat's avalanche buries Titans.
- Chris Gasper says it turned out that Belichick did something that the Tennessee Titans/Houston Oilers couldn’t do yesterday - challenge Brady and Moss.
- Mike Reiss breaks down the dazzling 40-yard touchdown pass from Tom Brady to Randy Moss on a flea-flicker from BenJarvus Green-Ellis.
- Mike Reiss sees Brady finally looking like himself in yesterday's record-setting performance.
- Kirk Minihane says to remember this day, as Brady shows off a memorable display of greatness.
- Christopher Price presents his Ten things we learned last night.
- Ron Borges offers his Best and Worst from yesterday's win over the Titans.
- Chris Forsberg explains why Brady didn't have a perfect QB rating. He graded low in 'yards per attempt.'
- Bob Ryan tells Patriots fans not to get too excited yet. "This was great. This was fun. This was history. But was it meaningful? Let’s watch the next six games. Then we’ll talk."
- Chris Forsberg notes Moss and Welker can now silence the "big play" critics.
- Monique Walker notes Laurence Maroney hit the ground running.
- Chris Forsberg reports Laurence Maroney hit his stride in the snow.
- Brendan Hall reports rookie Sebastian Vollmer filled in nicely for the injured Matt Light in his first career start. Belichick oozes on the praise, "It seemed like he did OK. We’ll take a look at the film and all that, but it seemed like he held up all right. The protection was decent.’’
- Boston Globe Patriots Notebook: Adalius Thomas was inactive yesterday, as was Joey Galloway for the 3rd straight week; Brian Hoyer made his NFL debut with a scoring drive, BenJarvus Green-Ellis had his first carries, Darius Butler and Patrick Chung each picked up the first interceptions of their careers; Junior Seau had 2 tackles and a fumble recovery in his first game back; Tennessee locker room was shell-shocked.
- Monique Walker reports Darius Butler played yesterday while mourning the death of his friend and former Huskies teammate, Jasper Howard. Howard was stabbed to death following a campus dance Saturday. So sad.
- NFL Game Center Tennessee Titans at New England Patriots. Recap, stats, analysis and that nifty highlight video.
- ESPN Boston SportsCenter: Lots of terrific coverage, videos and analysis of yesterday's Patriots win.
- Tim Graham (ESPN) Were the Patriots cruel to the Titans? "If the players were Pop Warner or high school football, then I would be offended by how the Patriots treated the Titans. But this is professional football, and I understand what Bill Belichick and Brady did."
- Tim Graham (ESPN) Tom Terrific back for the Pats?
- Peter King (SI) MMQB: NFL Week 6 sees a boom in the Big Easy and doom in the District.
- Don Banks (SI) Snap Judgments Week 6: Absolutely nobody plays better in a snowstorm than New England.
- Erik Kramer (Fox Sports) Tom Brady's performance in perspective.
- NFL. Com Deion Sanders counts down the Top 10 Performances of Week 6. Moss and Welker number 6, Tom Brady number 1. (2.54 min. video)
Sunday rewind: Week 6.
(Nat'l Football Post)
VIEW FROM TENNESSEE