Bill Belichick Post-Game comments:
It was quite a finish. That was a good football game out there today. I'm really proud of our players, couldn't be prouder of them. They stepped up, went toe-to-toe with a team that, offensively, already set some franchise records this early in the season. Defensively, [they are] probably as good a defense - really clearly the best defense - in this decade. They've got some great football players.
I thought our guys really hung in there and made enough plays to win. I'm really proud of them. [They] made some key plays, a couple fourth-down stops, a couple big conversions, got the ball in, in the red area, tried to punch a few runs in there at them, but they are tough to do everything against defensively. [I] give our players all the credit in the world.
Special teams, we got some big plays in that area, started the game off with a great tempo to play, knocking the ball off on the kickoff coverage. We just got to turn it around now and get back on the road, but this is a real good win for us. [The] guys prepared hard. They had a real good week of practice, and they played pretty good against a real good football team, a well-coached team, a team with a lot of good football players. [I'm] happy to win, real happy to win.
Tom Brady comments on whether the team needed this win.
We did and it was a good team. You've got to earn everything off them and there were some opportunities out there that we took advantage of and ones we didn't take advantage of, which was why it was pretty close at the end. But it was great to see the defense step it up like they did at the end. That was a big situation for them against a good offense, and they really stepped up and made the plays.
Randy Moss Post-Game comments.
Well, I think that our philosophy and [having not been] really executing, we put a point of emphasis just to go out there and execute because we've been shooting our own selves in the toes. I think Tommy Boy [Brady] started it off with that quarterback sneak on the first touchdown and that's what really got us started. We did some good things out there. I hope, what's his name, #71 [Jared Gaither], I hope he's alright. Anytime you see a guy get carried off the field, the stadium's quiet, guys weren't really into the game, so I hope he's all right.
- Game Notes: Patriots vs. Ravens. Lots of good info here from the game.
- Erik Scalavino Ravens-Pats analysis: New England's D the key.
- Post-Game quotes: Ravens and Patriots.
Post-Game Pressers: Bill Belichick (9 min.), Tom Brady (5 min.) and Randy Moss (5 min.), Plus Transcripts.
- Michael Vega says yesterday's thriller was even better than last Sunday's thriller against Atlanta.
- Shalise Manza Young tells us to doubt no more about these Pats, but these Patriots seem to thrive on it.
- Bob Ryan feels "this was a very, very, very good win for the Patriots, a team working hard every week to figure out just who it is and how good it can be."
- Chris Gasper reports four weeks into the season, the Patriots’ defense has its identity - it’s better than you think.
- Ian Rapoport says the Patriots defense stopped all doubts with a virtually untested defense pulling off two fourth-down stops in the final six minutes.
- Julian Benbow notes how Brady spread the offense around to nine receivers, who combined for 21 catches and 258 yards, giving Baltimore a multitude of looks.
- Karen Guregian reports the offense was kicked into a gear that hasn't been seen yet this season, and it will only get better.
- Christopher Price offers his ten things we learned yesterday: D-day for Patriots.
- Jim Donaldson says the Patriots were both lucky and good against Ravens on Sunday.
- Chris Gasper presents his Ups and Downs from Sunday's win over the Ravens.
- Tony Massarotti jumps on bandwagon. "Brady was more accurate and efficient than he has been in any game this season, using an effective mix of run and pass - and, yes, penalties - to defeat a Baltimore team that, like the Atlanta Falcons before it, came into Foxborough unbeaten."
- Michael Vega and Chris Gasper Patriots Notebook: Sammy Morris flourishing in any role; Junior Seau rumored to sign with Pats this week; Defense happy to have Wilfork (2 tackles) back; Players on both sides talk about the penalties; plus many more firsts and notes from Sunday.
- Dan Ventura says the play of the game was Ravens' WR Mark Clayton dropped a perfectly thrown Flacco pass on 4th and 4.
- Karen Guregian points out that Welker felt good to be out there, but not his best. He's not where he wants to be - either fully healthy or watching from the bench.
- Dan Duggan notes Mike Wright is doing his best to replace Richard Seymour, finishing with three tackles and two sacks.
- Kirk Minihane tells Patriots fans to hold their heads up, their team is back.
- Lauren Carter says hope is building in Patriot Nation.
- NFL Game Center Patriots over Ravens 27-21. Analysis, recap, stats and that nifty highlight clip.
- Mike Reiss (ESPNBoston) Ravens' leaders rip into referees.
- Mike Reiss explains the fake FG/challenge in 4th quarter; Harrison makes it clear he was joking with Brady, and texted him beforehand; Picks out the games three stars; and gives a shout out to the Pats defense.
- Tim Graham (ESPN) Brady on the run means Patriots are back; Patriots taking advantage of Ravens' kindness; and Harrison doesn't skirt Lewis' criticism of Brady.
- Vic Carucci (NFL.com) Patriots assume usual role of Super Bowl contender.
- Matt Bowen (Nat'l Football Post) Sunday Rewind Week 4: Big days for Brady and Manning, not for Sanchez.
- Aaron Wilson (Nat'l Football Post) Ravens infuriated by officiating in loss to Patriots.
- Albert Breer (Sporting News) Patriots' warning: 'We're coming together.'
- Bruschi on tap: Welker's return and thoughts on yesterday's win. (ESPNBoston)
- James Walker (ESPN) Wrap-up: Patriots 27, Ravens 21.
- ESPNBoston.com: Check out this site for more Patriots-related videos, post-game pressers and reaction to the game.
- Don Banks (SI) Snap Judgments: Titans need QB change, the gutty Pats, plus more.
Peter King (SI) MMQB: Four weeks into 2009 season, NFL truths beginning to emerge.
VIEW FROM BALTIMORE
- Ryan Mink (BaltimoreRavens.com) Mistakes plague Ravens.
- Jamison Hensley (Baltimore Sun) Ravens brought down to earth.
- Mike Preston (Baltimore Sun) Ravens: Live by the pass, die by the pass.
- Edward Lee (Baltimore Sun) News on Ravens' Gaither appears to be good.
Mike Preston (Baltimore Sun) It was a bad day for NFL officiating.