- PFW writers blogging from the Combine. Check here for Patriots news and notes.
- Caserio gets kudos fromcolleagues; Sunday notes.
- Defensive tackles with New England ties top '09 class.
- Linebacker not just an outside option.
- The latest on Cassel's status; Saturday notes.
- Draft a buyers market for outside linebackers.
- Pats could look for receivers to lend a hand.
- Running backs run deep, diverse.
QB's throwing for dollars; Friday's Combine notes.
- Mike Reiss reports on Bill Belichick's opening remarks at the Combine which spanned more than 12 minutes, and Belichick's re-evaluation of the Safety position in todays NFL.
Chris Gasper assesses Belichick's
filibusterunusual address to the media, notable as much for who he left out as for who he praised.
- Karen Guregian offers her take on Belichick's Combine press conference.
- Chris Price presents the full transcript of Belichick's press conference, plus multible blog entries from his weekend at the Combine.
- Chris Gasper wonders if Belichick's disciples will affect the Patriots draft.
- Karen Guregian notes Belichick will be in direct draft competition with Scott Pioli, Thomas Dimitroff, Eric Mangini and Josh McDaniels for “big, strong, tough, smart, disciplined” football players.
- Chris Gasper feels Patriots may take linebacker again in draft.
- Chris Gasper notes the rumors that Matt Cassel is nothing more than a system quarterback.
- Chris Gasper reports on Scott Pioli talking Patriots and Chiefs at the Combine. Also, Josh McDaniels offers his insight on Cassel and O'Brien during his press conference.
- Mike Reiss visits the Patriots Hall of Fame at Patriot Place, and pronounces it "first class". He also lists the highest paid Patriots, with Cassel topping the list.
- Mike Reiss notes the League's silence on the Larry Izzo issue with his possible ties to receiving performance-enhancing drugs.
- Ron Borges feels Falcon's GM Thomas Dimitroff has found a refreshing balance with the media beyond Belichick's CIA-like secrecy.
- Peter King (SI) Ray Lews a Cowboy? Cassel a Chief? Previewing the start of Free Agency.
- Tim Graham (ESPN) Safeties about more coverage, less stuffage.
- Keith Schleiden (ProFootball Weekly) Belichick sounds sentimental at Combine.
- Mike Klis (Denver Post) Cassel is McDaniels' best evidence.
- Sean McCormick (Football Outsiders) Four Downs: AFC East.
- Don Banks (SI) NFL teams panning for gold in spread offenses.
- Steve Wyche (NFL.com) Hybrid edge defenders spur versatility.
- Vic Carucci (NFL.com) QB class of 2009 will have a hard time matching last year's group.