- Patriots franchise Matt Cassel.
- Position Snapshot: Specialists.
- Patriots 2009 Draft Status.
- Mayock's top prospects at each position.
- Karen Guregian weighs in on the Matt Cassel franchise tag fallout, thinks Belichick sounded like he wants to keep him.
- Shalise Manza Young offers her take on what the future holds for Matt Cassel and the Patriots, now that he's been tagged.
- Alex Speier and Chris Price The Great Debate: Should the Patriots trade or keep Cassel.
- Kerry J. Byrne writes An open letter to Bill Belichick, telling him he's effed up and why.
- Mike Reiss reports that the Patriots will be wearing their throwback jerseys for two games during the '09 season.
Michael Vega notes when Patriots All Access was switched to Channel 4, Mike Lynch was the last to know.
- Bucky Brooks (SI) Cassel at crossroads of 1-year wonder or next great QB.
- Solomon Wilcots (NFL Total Access) Cassel will not play for the Patriots at that price tag and will be traded, in his opinion. Minute and a half video worth it just to see Cassel running into the end-zone.
- Chris Mortensen (ESPN) Believes Cassel will remain with the Patriots as a very expensive insurance policy in case Tom Brady is not ready to play. (2 min. video)
- Tim Graham (ESPN) Patriots place franchise tag on Cassel.
- Kristen Consillio (Honolulu Star Bulletin) Wes Welker visited a local high school in Hawaii with 49ers LB Patrick Willis to talk to students about the importance of money management.
- Michael Lombardi (National Football Post) Free Agent Running Backs.
- Justin Terranova (NY Post) Baltimore Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis considering NY Jets.
- Vinnie Iyer (Sporting News) Super Bowl Blueprint: A plan of attacking.
- Adam Teicher (Kansas City Star) Scott Pioli and the Chiefs hire Arizona offensive coordinator Todd Haley as head coach.