- Patriots sign OL Damane Duckett, who spent 2008 on IR with San Francisco.
- After an early end to '08, Pierre Woods craving action in '09.
Patriots to open 2009 season against Bills on Monday Night Football.
- Christopher Price looks at five players who will be in the spotlight come September and why: Laurence Maroney, Ben Watson, Nick Kaczur, Brandon Meriweather and Nathan Hodel.
- Shalise Manza Young reports Ray Ventrone signed a one-year contract extension with New England and will be back as a key special teams contributor, reserve defensive back, occasional wide receiver and top practice performer.
- Chris Gasper explains The Brady Rule, which specifically prohibits a defender on the ground who hasn't been blocked or fouled directly into the quarterback from lunging or diving at the quarterback's lower legs.
- Mike Reiss takes a look back at the previous times the Patriots and Bills have met in Week 1.
- Ron Borges plays nice with a terrific piece on owner Robert Kraft, his legacy after 15 years of team ownership and his plan to induct former owner Billy Sullivan into the Patriots Hall of Fame. Classy move.
- Ron Borges reports on the owners meeting currently in progress, saying many owners feel the only way to get player costs under control will be to lock out the players before 2011 if a new deal is not in place.
- Christopher Price notes two collegians are set to run through workouts for the Patriots the next couple of weeks: Cincinnati defensive back Brandon Underwood and Western Illinois linebacker Jason Williams.
- Jason Cole (Yahoo! Sports) If Peppers wants out, pay cut best bet.
- Tim Graham (ESPN) Bills, Patriots will learn what they have right away.
- Charles Robinson (Yahoo! Sports) Protection coming for defensive players.
- Andrew Brandt (National Football Post) Inside the NFL Meetings: Part II.
- Mark Maske (Washington Post) NFL owners have much to address. No vote is planned for extending 16 game regular season.
- Judy Battista (NY Times) NFL owners will vote in May to lengthen season.
- Don Banks (SI) NFL teams bearing down for major changes in '10 and '11 seasons.
- Jim Corbett (USA Today) NFL owners' agenda: Economy, more economy, and the CBA. NFL proposals presented in an issues - analysis format, including a "Tom Brady rule.
- Vic Carucci (NFL.com) Commissioner, owners preparing for crucial CBA discussions.
- Alex Marvez (Fox Sports) Are NFL owners crying wolf? Maybe not.
- Ira Miller (Sports Xchange) NFL's cries are just negotiating tactics.
- John Clayton (ESPN) NFL modifies AFC West formula.
- University of Florida (gatorzone.com) Bill Belichick and Jon Gruden will be the featured speakers at the University of Florida annual coaches clinic held in April, that is scheduled to attract more than 500 coaches from across the country.