- Mike Reiss notes Connor Barwin, the most Vrabel-like player in the draft, is scheduled to visit Gillette Stadium Monday.
- Shalise Manza Young scouts draft prospect Northern Illinios' Larry English.
- Karen Guregian reports OLB Tully Banta-Cain wants to prove he's an all-around, every-down starting linebacker. With Vrabel gone, he's prepared to step up his game.
- Christopher Price reports the Patriots will privately work out Michigan State QB Brian Hoyer. At 6'3" 215 lbs, Hoyer threw for 2,404 yards, with nine TDs and nine INTs his senior year.
- Mike Reiss presents the top ten rankings of Patriots' performance-based pay.
Ron Borges says it's a good sign for the Patriots that Jets head coach Rex Ryan likes and wants to keep the QB's he has.
- PTD On the Clock (NFL Network) Patriots insider Scott Zolak discusses which prospects can help solidify the Pats defense. (3.36 min. video)
- Eric Edholm (Pro Football Weekly) Patriots say, 'Oh, now you change the draft order rules...'
- Steve Wyche (NFL.com) These big-name free agents match up with potential playing destinations. Jason Taylor to Cincinnati? I don't think so.
- Terry Foster (The Detroit News) MSU quarterback Brian Hoyer has strong audition.
- Greg Cosell (Sporting news) Today's NFL game puts premium on drafting a pass rusher.
- Shutdown Corner (Yahoo! Sports) The Madden '10 screenshot that will shape tomorrow's coaches.
- Shutdown Corner (Yahoo! Sports) The NFL continues the re-writing of the rule book.
- Adam Rank (NFL.com) Instant Debate: How would you feel about an 18-game season?
- Peter Schrager (Fox Sports) On the clock: Remember first-round receivers?