- Patriots' first head coach, Lou Saban, passes away at age 87.
- John Cockrell's Friday Out-takes: Carson Palmer's Robo-call to the Bengals' season ticket holders (and what he really meant.)
The PFW staff debates the NFL on the Tom Brady rule.
- Christopher Price tells fans in K.C. and Denver that an overhaul of a dysfunctional system isn't a warm and fuzzy process.
- Karen Guregian offers her take on the Jason Taylor situation.
- Mike Reiss notes Fred Taylor will wear number 21 for the Patriots, the same number he wore in college, in spite of Antwain Spann's offer to give up No. 28 for him.
- Mike Reiss looks at the Patriots defensive backfield, and who the Patriots might select in the Draft.
- Mike Reiss details the use and demise of the wedge block plus three additional pages of NFL news and notes.
- Mike McDermott wonders if Jason Taylor really wants to return to Miami, no matter how much he's wanted by the Pats.
- Shalise Manza Young scouts Draft prospects USC's Clay Matthews, USC's Brian Cushing, and W. VA's Pat White.
YouTube highlights: Larry English and Clay Matthews.
- Tim Graham (ESPN) Taylor can't deny Patriots' interest is flattering.
- Tim Graham (ESPN) Kiper predicts Pats will clean up in second round.
- Tim Graham (ESPN) Your AFC East Mailbag delivered. Plus key off-season dates for the AFC East.
- Peter King (SI) CBA talk, longer season, Tomlin's gripe, Dr. Z's fundraiser, and more.
- Ross Tucker (SI) New rule changes won't happen overnight.
- Mike Florio (Sporting News) Rules changes run counter to football culture.
- John Oehser (Florida Times-Union) The Numbers Game. Why Fred Taylor wore number 28, and the relationship between players and their jersey numbers.
- Larry Weisman (USA Today) Keepers of the blind side: Left Tackles the new money position.
- Charles Robinson (Yahoo! Sports) Cutler hurting more than Broncos with behavior.
- Tim Graham (ESPN) Patriots, Bills mourn Saban's passing.
- AP Uncertainty with Peppers leaves Panthers squeezed by salary cap.
- NFL.com NFL's Top 10 draft classes in league history.