"Edelman is a very good runner and we see him as a player who has some versatility, probably as a receiver, maybe a running back," the coach said at the conclusion of the draft. "We'll see how that goes. He also played in the kicking game, so we kind of took him as an athlete and we'll just see how all that works out."
"That's what you prepare for," said Woods. "I was behind great veterans since I've been here. Now I guess it's time for me to step up. It's my turn to do so. I'll just go out there and continue to work hard and continue to learn, be a sponge to another young guy and also still learn from the older guys."
Alex Marvez says tampering has become NFL's dirty secret.
Roger Goodell has punished plenty of rule-breaking players during his nearly three years as NFL commissioner. The same can't be said of his stance toward franchises that break the league's tampering laws.Illegal contact between teams and representatives for pending free agents remained rampant prior to the start of this year's signing period. Such tampering with players still under contract makes it difficult for clubs to re-sign their own talent. It also puts those few teams that actually follow NFL guidelines at a distinct disadvantage.
More Shots after the jump...
- Christopher Price reports the Patriots are interested in acquiring Oakland’s Derrick Burgess.
- Mike Reiss updates us on the 2009 spring NFL owners meeting and what issues and changes are being considered.
- Karen Guregian discusses Laurence Maroney and Bill Belichick's injury reporting policy.
- Mike Reiss notes the Pats began the first of their OTAs yesterday at Gillette, Robert Kraft and Jonathan Kraft are at the 2009 NFL spring meeting in Florida, and says the NFL's Injured Reserve status could possibly change to a baseball-like disabled list.
- Jeff Howe revisits the Pats' top moments from 2008. Highlights from an odd season.
- Eric Ortiz says there's plenty of reason for optimism in New England.
- Laurel J. Sweet reports a VIP host at a Mohegan Sun nightclub is suing Matt Light for breaking his nose in a 2007 New Year's Eve incident. Light denies his claim.
AP NFL Notebook: News and notes from around the league.
- Shutdown Corner (Yahoo! Sports) Most clutch quarterbacks in the NFL today.
- Adam Teicher (Kansas City Star) Chiefs, Broncos bring Patriots' philosophy to the AFC West.
- Tom Monkovic (NY Times) Critiquing Kornheiser: The experiment is over.
- Andrew Brandt (Nat'l Football Post) Monday Money Matters: Why the increase in salary cap?
- AP 2013 Super Bowl site, longer season on docket.