Andy Hart focuses on newly signed LB Paris Lenon.
The 6-2, 235 pounder brings instant experienced depth to a thin inside linebacker spot in New England. Jerod Mayo and Tedy Bruschi are currently penciled in as starters with 2008 rookie free agent Gary Guyton as the top reserve and situational player off the bench. The position lost 2009 third-round pick Tyrone McKenzie to a season-ending knee injury in rookie mini-camp. Eric Alexander, Antonio Appleby and Vinny Ciurciu will also battle for roster spots on the inside.
Is nose tackle Vince Wilfork set to make a statement about his displeasure over stagnant contract negotiations?
The Patriots would not confirm if Wilfork participated in OTAs over the last two days. The team's website noted that "over 80" of the 91 players on the roster were on the field. Wilfork did not return messages the last two days, nor did his agent.
With the nuptials out of the way, he's now focused on his full-time gig as the Patriots quarterback. Two seasons ago, he was the centerpiece of the league's most explosive offense. And while Josh McDaniels and Bill Belichick did a swell job of making do with Matt Cassel last year (And I mean that in the best way possible; Cassel went 11-5 after not starting an organized tackle football game in nine years -- that's impressive.), there's a good chance, even with that slow, aging defense, that the Patriots would've won 32 consecutive regular-season games.
More Shots after the jump...
- Meet the Rookies: Jake Ingram.
- Andy Hart reports CB Leigh Bodden was ranked as the 15th best cornerback in the NFL heading into 2009 according to RealScouts.
- Patriots Now! Brady and others back to work. (5 min. video) First look at QB Tom Brady on the field with the rest of the team, including Randy Moss, Adalius Thomas and new CBs Shawn Springs and Leigh Bodden.
- Karen Guregian & John Tomase report all eyes will be on Tom Brady at today's OTA in Foxboro.
- Chris Gasper and Mike Reiss note Brady will undergo perpetual rehab to increase strength and maintain flexibility in his knee.
- Mike Reiss offers a QB's perspective on what to watch for with Brady.
- Globe 10.0 - Bob Ryan and Tony Massarotti discuss how good it is to have Tom Brady back on the field and ready to go. (2.32 min. video)
- Dale & Holley hosted Peter King on WEEI Wednesday morning. (22 min. audio)
- Christopher Price offers the highlights from Peter King's WEEI Q&A.
- Samuel Chamberlain says Brady wanting to play for another ten years is an ambitious declaration for someone coming off major knee surgery.
- Christopher Price reports Patriots newest LB Paris Lenon is a real pro, and was a positive influence in the Detroit locker room even during their dismal season.
- Mike Reiss offers some additional analysis of the Paris Lenon signing. Lenon is a solid special teams player.
- Kathryn Tappen gears up for the media mob scene when Brady shows up for practice today.
- Jeff Howe says Wheatley is a leader in Pats secondary.
- Jeff Howe looks at the positives and negatives and concludes that Michael Vick is not worth it for the Patriots.
- The Boston Herald looks at Patriots Hall of Fame nominee RB Jim Nance.
- Stephen Peterson reports Brian Belichick, 17, was one of 52 people arrested at this weekend's lacrosse event at Gillette stadium for underage possession of alcohol.
- Tim Graham (ESPN) What will we see when Brady comes into view?
- James Walker and Len Pasquarelli (ESPN) Steelers or Pats as No. 1?
Pat Kirwan (NFL.com) Can players standing at crossroads avoid sinking out of limelight? Laurence Maroney included on Kirwan's list.
- Mike Sando (ESPN) Moss the best? Fitzgerald belongs in the conversation.
- Chase Stuart (Pro-Football-Reference) Greatest coaching records of all time. Belichick at 9th overall, and first currently active coach listed.
- Kimberly Nash (Bleacher Report) Ten questions for the 2009 NFL season.
- Thomas George (NFL.com) Voices to be heard: The top locker-room messengers for all 32 teams.
- Mike Florio (Sporting News) Ten teams that made the best off-season moves.
- Bob Ford (Philadelphia Daily News) Eagles' Hobbs a mirror image of Brown.
- John Czarnecki (Fox Sports) Polian defends unknown Colts' head coach.
- Celebrities for Charity Win a BBQ with Vince Wilfork for you and 5 of your friends, and 2 tickets to each of the Patriots 2009 Preseason & Regular Season Home Games!