Here’s a scary thought for opposing defensive back – Randy Moss, Wes Welker and Joey Galloway all lined up together in a trips formation on one side of the field. Two deep threats and the game’s best underneath target with Tom Brady analyzing the matchup and picking apart the defense! The defenders will have to be on-point in there communication or they could get embarrassed with that one.
"I was on the other side, you know, so you’re a little bit upset, a little bit jealous. You envy those guys and all that good stuff. They knocked us out of the playoffs twice, so you sit back and think, ‘Man, we should have had it, we should have had it,’" said Taylor, who was a part of a Jaguars’ team that picked up a playoff win over the Patriots in 1998.
"But truthfully, you go and you see why they deserve it. They earn it."
More Shots after the jump...
- Paul Perillo watches Tuesday's OTA with plenty of his thoughts and observations.
- Erik Scalavino reports Patrick Pass is thrilled to be back, plus more Patriots news and notes.
- Ask PFW: Good Luck, Rodney; plus a wide variety of queries on other topics fill out this mini-camp week edition.
- Bill Belichick issues a statement expressing his sadness at the passing of former Patriots DT Pio Sagapolutele.
- Mike Reiss includes OTA notes, observations and Tuesday attendance plus additional player info, so just check out his whole blog today.
- Chris Gasper reports the Patriots kick off their 3-day mandatory mini-camp today, and that Wilfork is expected to attend.
- Christopher Price offers his thoughts after watching Tuesday's OTA at Gillette on a cold, windy, rainy day.
- Jim Donaldson compares the New England versions of Terry Francona and Bill Belichick with the images of them with their prior teams. Both coaches have since learned from their earlier mistakes and proved doubters wrong.
- Karen Guregian notes TE Ben Watson is in a battle to keep his starting job.
- DJ Dean catches up with Ben Watson, his impending free agency and the upcoming season.
- Chris Gasper talks with Ben Watson, also in the 6th year of his rookie contract, who is focused on staying in the lineup.
- Mike Petraglia notes Patrick Pass has an opportunity with open competition at the fullback slot, but he said Tuesday that what he’s looking for is just a roster spot, period.
- Christopher Price offers a portion of Richard Seymour's Q & A with the press, talking about his health, leadership and his contract, following yesterday's OTA.
- Jeff Howe says if he were in the Patriots’ front office, he’d take advantage of Wilfork’s eagerness to find contract security. If they begin competing with 31 other teams, he’ll probably never play in a Patriots uniform again.
- Christopher Price focuses on special teams coach Scott O'Brien and notes the change in practice style and drills.
- Kathryn Tappen notes Bill Belichick's presence along with other New England sports stars at a celebrity poker tournament for Red Sox players Jason Varitek and Tim Wakefield's Pitching in for Kids charity at Faneuil Hall.
- Naoko Funayama spent a day with Fitzy as he toured the streets of Boston looking for contestants for his new trivia game show Pocket Money that will air later this summer on NESN.
- Peter King (SI) Debating summer work for NFL players, more from Rodney Harrison.
- Roderick Boone (Newsday) Ryan wants to prove Jets made the right choice.
- Brian Allee-Walsh (New Orleans Times Picayune) Fullback Heath Evans says New Orleans Saints compare favorably with New England Patriots.