NFL Total Access: Deion Sanders says the New England Patriots is the team to watch.
This is not a no-brainer, this is not something that's gonna boggle your mind by any means. The New England Patriots. You know why I say that? 'Cause Brady's back first and foremost.
First of all, this is a team that won 11 games and didn't make it to the playoffs - only the second team to do that since 1970. But Brady's back, and not only is Brady back but it seems like this team gets better and better every off-season.
This team right now they're putting on the field this season is better than the Super Bowl winning team, better than the 16-0 undefeated team. Moss... you got Joey Galloway on the other side? You can't double team Moss when Galloway can still fly.
Not only that, you've shored your backfield up, you've shored your receivers, your secondary... Come on man, this team's unbelievable. I'm excited for them.
- Paul Perillo notes Adam Peters is the latest scout to leave the Patriots. Peters, the fourth scout to leave this year, was an area scout with New England for six seasons and now joins Josh McDaniels in Denver as a regional scout.
- Erik Scalavino notes Giants' WR David Tyree hasn't been back on the football field since "the catch."
- Relay For Life - Nearly 600 participants made strides in the fight against cancer during the weekend at Gillette Stadium as the New England Patriots Charitable Foundation donated use of the facility.
Ask PFW: Contract talks dominate this week's reader mailbag.
- Mike Reiss answers his weekly reader mailbag and notes that the Patriots deep roster means there will be tough decisions ahead.
- Michael Felger says if the Patriots have a master plan at outside linebacker, then it has yet to reveal itself. "For all we know, they may believe they’re all set with Pierre Woods, Sean Crable, Tully Banta-Cain and Vince Redd."
- Jeff Howe catches up with Patriots' rocket-armed second year quarterback Kevin O'Connell.
- Tim Graham (ESPN) Moss, Owens left off all-decade roster.
- Tim Graham (ESPN) Tim Hasselbeck and Michael Smith break down ESPN.com's all-decade offense and debate the choice of Tom Brady over Peyton Manning. (2.48 min. video).
- Jack Bechta (NFP) Pros and Cons of an 18-game season.
- NFL Total Access: Deion Sanders offers up his thoughts on some of the off-season's biggest issues. (5.59 min. video). On the New England Patriots: "They have one of the best coaches to ever coach the game of football."
- Tim Graham (ESPN) Dolphins among clubs supersizing cornerbacks.
- DJ Gallo (ESPN) Being a better sports dad: Seven tips for effective (sports) fathering.
- Peter King (SI) MMQB Mailbag: Packers' Collins should pipe down; a Dr. Z update.