Mike Reiss (Globe) In a very twisted way, Matt Cassel owes teammate Bernard Pollard a debt of gratitude:
A source close to Cassel has confirmed that Cassel has agreed to a six-year deal with the Kansas City Chiefs, who are now run by former Patriots vice president of player personnel Scott Pioli. The source said that the deal pays Cassel top five quarterback money.
Update (2:50 p.m.): The source has confirmed, as first reported by ESPN, that Cassel's deal is for $63 million over the six years, $28 million guaranteed.
Michael Hunt (Milwaukee Journal) Brett Favre needs to stop messing around:
It’s not that he’s reportedly put down a $30,000 deposit on a condo near the Vikings’ training facility. Or that his pal, Minnesota offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell, got back not long ago from watching Favre stretch out his arm down in Mississippi.
- Mike Reiss (Globe) Gives us all the skinny on rookie contracts in Rookie chart, Part III
- Art Martone (Projo) Patriots to move radio broadcast from WBCN 104.1 to WBZ 98.5
- Mike Reiss (Globe) With a WR snapshot
- patriots.com Ask PFW answers, Willie versus Junior?
- patriots.com Ask PFW answers, Will Bill call the plays?
- Andrew Brandt (NFP) Answers your wednesday whys. Why is Michael Jackson on the list?
- Matt Bowen (NFP) Gives us a camp countdown for the AFC East
- cbssports.com Player's Union to make early negotiating case on Capital Hill
- espn.com Training camp dates for all 32 NFL teams