Robert Lee notes Belichick won't say for sure if Brady will play against Eagles. Belispeak at its finest.
"We’ll do what’s best for the football team," Belichick says. "Whatever decisions those are, that’s what [we will do] … Some players will play. Some players won’t play. Some players will play more than others."
"I think it’s important for every player to be ready on opening day and be ready for the start of the season and again, I think for each individual player I could answer that question a lot of different ways," Belichick answered.
Mike Reiss lists the Patriots Offseason Program Winners. The winners were rated in a number of different areas among their position groups, with attendance and improvement from last season part of the consideration.
Here is the full list of Patriots winners this year, who will now be parking a bit closer to the facility:
K Stephen Gostkowski
OT Nick Kaczur
LB Jerod Mayo
RB Sammy Morris
G Stephen Neal
S James Sanders
TE Benjamin Watson
WR Wes Welker DL Mike Wright
- Mike Reiss says Tom Brady is ready for Patriots' exhibition opener.
- Ian Rapoport offers his take on whether Brady thinks he'll play tomorrow night, "I don’t think it’s like a guest appearance or anything," he said.
- Karen Guregian feels the recent vists of Vonnie Holliday and Kevin Carter were for down-the-road replacement concerns. Belichick likes to keep an updated list of players he can call in, to help the team out if needed.
- Mike Reiss Patriots Notebook: Nick Kaczur says it's nice to be recognized by the coaches for his hard work in the offseason; Kraft explains the Patriots aren't extending contracts until they know what the rules will be in 2010.
- Ian Rapoport Patriots Notebook: Belichick says preseason exhibition game is perfect time for players and coaches to see how they're really doing.
- Shalise Manza Young and Robert Lee Patriots Journal: New QB Walter has 'tons of work to do.'
- Mike Reiss notes Bill Belichick showed the team footage of last year's pre-season game against the Eagles, and specifically went over the first half, when the Patriots dug themselves a 24-3 hole.
- Robert Lee focuses on QB Andrew Walter working hard and looking to gain confidence.
- Ben Collins notes rookie Jake Ingram's battle for the longsnapper position against veteran Nathan Hodel.
- Ian Rapoport reveals that owner Robert Kraft said he'd bet 1,000 lottery tickets that Brady starts the first preseason game.
- Mike Reiss answers his reader mailbag full of training camp, player and position questions. Great insight here as usual.
- Mike Reiss offers some bits from Brady after a Q&A session with reporters after Tuesday morning's practice.
- Ian Rapoport details Tom Brady's cover and feature story in Details Magazine.
- NFL notebook: Brady needs to play in preseason. (Nat'l Football Post)
- Michael Lombardi (Nat'l Football Post) Injuries happen: In the preseason, everyone should play.
- Tim Graham (ESPN) Brady expects more than a cameo in Philly.
- Charles Robinson (Yahoo! Sports) Brady's return puts more pressure on O-Line.
- Jeff McLane (Philadelphia Inquirer) Eagles' Hobbs ready to face former team.
- Albert Breer (Sporting News) Brady: Nothing to see here (except this month's Details Magazine.)
- Bob Kimball (USA Today) Selected weekend TV ratings - NFL doesn't need trickery to outdraw baseball, any game will do.
- Allen Wilson (Buffalo News) Terrell Owens day to day with sprained toe.
- Dan Graziano (NFL Fanhouse) Bills may not huddle all year.
- Mike Beradino (South Florida Sun-Sentinal) Why are so many Miami Dolphins Players quitting the team?
- Mike Florio (Pro Football Talk) Steelers, state police criticized for gun party.