Bill Belichick Post-game follow-up:
I think, just kind of as a follow-up to last night, looking at the film, there were again a lot of positive things in all areas and a lot of things that we still need a lot of work on, fundamentally, a lot of little techniques. There was, again, some good evidence that we've made some progress there and there were also times when we didn't do it as consistently or correctly as we need to do it. So we've gone through the film in quite a bit of detail today, both as a staff and with the players here this afternoon, to get those things corrected.
Chris Baker Post-game quotes from the tight end:
On how comfortable he himself was in a new offense:
"It is still a work in progress for me learning this offense. I am working hard and this is a very complex offense. I am starting now to feel better though. Our coaching staff has really focused on our red zone production during camp and I think we did some good things."
On how he felt scoring two touchdowns:
"I think that I can get open with [WR Randy] Moss out there being covered as heavy as he will. It is really up to me to get out there and beat the man coverage. I expect that I will be able to do that and have good things happen. I was very excited to get in the end zone this game because last season I did not. That was the first time in my career that I did not get in the end zone."
Richard Seymour Post-game quotes from the defensive lineman:
On the play of the defensive line tonight:
"I think we played well and the preseason games are big for the guys on the inside. Games during the season are won and lost here and we have to work hard at these preseason games. We really have to work hard on rushing the passer and stopping the run. If teams can run the ball on the defense once the season starts then you will not be a good football team. I think the defense has been a strength to this team the last couple of years."
On if they felt they played the 4-3 defense well tonight:
"I think tonight we tried out a bunch of combination of guys and it went pretty well. I think that we will show different guys up front this season with the 4-3 and sometimes the 3-4. We will want to mix it up. I think when we do that we give ourselves a better chance to win. I think that we will watch the films and make some adjustments that will make us even stronger."
- Erik Scalavino reports preseason win aside, Pats remain in camp mode.
- Patriots Today: Brady takes the field, Pats beat Eagles. (12.38 min. video)
- Locker Room Uncut: Reaction from the locker room from Richard Seymour, Chris Baker, Julian Edelman and more. (2.56 min. video)
- John Cockrell Friday Out-Takes: The Alphabet Wars. (The p.r. behind T.O., the NFL & VH1.)
Bill Belichick's post-game follow-up Conference Call transcript. Plus link to full audio.
Belichick Breakdown The head coach breaks down the Patriots-Colts game from Nov. 2, 2008. (5.49 min. video)
- Chris Gasper focuses on the almost exclusive use of a four man line in Thursday's game. BB does what it takes to keep his opponents guessing.
- Mark Farinella talks about the coaches need to work out the preseason kinks along with the players.
- John Chandler says the Patriots are polishing Edelman to be a special teams stud.
- Paul Kenyon and Shalise Manza Young thought Laurence Maroney looked tentative in his first game of the year.
- Mike Reiss disects Julian Edelman's punt return for a touchdown.
- Mike Reiss notes Jerod Mayo was the defensive play-caller wearing the wired helmet Thursday, and points out which players look to be the core special teamers.
- Ian Rapoport reports TE Chris Baker has been steady and solid (and scoring) so far.
- Chris Gasper Patriots Notebook: Hobbs displays healthy respect; DL Myron Pryor had 2 tackles and a sack; injured players getting closer to return.
Ian Rapoport Patriots Notebook: Richard Seymour back to work after slight hamstring pull in preseason; Brady looked on the mark; no word yet about Kevin Carter joining the team.
- Matt Sohn (Pro Football Weekly) Numerous mentor-protege relationships throughout Patriots organization.
- Shutdown Corner (Yahoo! Sports) Belichick to NFL: I'm afraid the Death Star is fully operational.
- Cris Carter (ESPN) Talks about Brady's return. No worries at all. (1.17 min. video)
- Tim Graham (ESPN) Brady enjoyed the game, but didn't have a blast.
- im Graham (ESPN) Pats rookie Edelman makes a fine first impression.
- Mike Freeman (CBS Sports) Patriots Camp Report: Taylor latest senior solution.