Christopher Price Brady tests shoulder at practice, tells Chris Berman it feels good.
"You can throw?" asked Berman.
"Yeah. I’ve been doing that yesterday, and we’ll be doing that over the course of the next couple weeks. I’m feeling really good. I’m feeling real positive about where our team's at. I’ve had a good preseason," said Brady, who is 26-for-42 for 307 yards with four touchdowns and one interception in three preseason games. "I’ve had a lot of good practices.
"You just shake it off, kind of identify what it is, and you move forward. It’s been a good couple of days here with getting back to feeling normal, getting back out to practice. Now, it’s just about getting ready for this Thursday’s game, and then, on to the real season."
The two second-year linebackers are close friends and they now sit atop the Patriots' depth chart at inside linebacker. Whether they can fill the void left by Bruschi's retirement will be one of the keys to the upcoming season.
"He's passing the torch to us as a defense and we all have to take it and be up for the challenge right now. We need to do it as a team," said Guyton. "I'll miss him a lot. He's a great guy, a great leader, great character. Since I've been here he's always taken me under his wing and taught me the game and I've learned a lot."
"The techniques and concepts they teach us, you might see as kind of confusing,’’ said the 23-year-old. "But once you study it, look at film, and learn how it’s being taught, I think it’s way easier. First of all, you’re not wearing yourself down as much as when you’re playing aggressively. Second of all, instead of putting yourself out of the play, you’re able to make a play instead of just going with how the offense is playing. I think I’m learning the playbook and understanding how much better it can be with the two-gap situation.’’
"It took a while,’’ Pryor said of adjusting from college to pro. "But I’m starting to understand it now. The last time I did practice, I just felt better, better than when I played the last preseason game [against Cincinnati]. I felt like I could play how they’re teaching us. I played the way they wanted me to play. I felt better playing that kind of scheme. "With this defense, you have a lot of opportunities to make plays and help out your teammates.’’
- Ask PFW: Bruschi makes perfect exit.
- Patriots Today: Quarterback status, kickoff gala and more. (11.33 min. video)
- Erik Scalavino Welker working his way back; Tuesday notes from practice.
Patriots close out their preseason against Giants. Broadcast info, series history, connections and more.
- Mike Reiss projects how the final 53 might look for the season opener.
- Christopher Price notes cutdown day looms for players on the bubble.
- Mike Reiss reports Tom Brady had a little zip on his passes at yesterday's media portion of practice, but he still most likely won't play tomorrow night.
- Jim Donaldson points out the Patriots still have questions in need of answers, heading into final exhibition game.
- Steve Buckley speculates on the injury to Wes Welker who, citing team policy, politely declined to elaborate.
- Mike Reiss offers some nuggets of note from yesterday's practice at Gillette, and mentions 4 teams put in claims on QB Kevin O'Connell - Detroit, Denver, Cleveland and the NY Jets.
- Ian Rapoport says Eagles' QB A.J. Feeley is officially on the trading block, and Pats aren't only team interested.
- Mike Reiss answers his reader mailbag, all about Bruschi, Brady, and getting ready for the Bills.
- Ian Rapoport Patriots Notebook: Brady aired it out at practice; Belichick couldn't point to a particular issue he had with O'Connell - it was the entire picture that didn't work out; Welker missed another practice with mystery injury; Sammy Morris was back at full speed.
- Mike Reiss notes tomorrow night will provide a better indication of where Andrew Walter stands in the back-up race.
Jim Donaldson writes about how Tedy Bruschi became an inspiration to stroke victims.
- Tim Graham (ESPN) AFC East's hardest first-quarter schedule?
- Chris Berman (ESPN) Tom Brady says he feels good. (32 second video)
- Tim Graham (ESPN) Peace of mind defines Belichick's backup plan.
- Tim Graham (ESPN) AFC East backup quarterback breakdown.
- Tim Graham (ESPN) Jets placed waiver claim for O'Connell.
- Bill Reiter (Kansas City Star) Pioli gets chance to succeed after getting out from under Belichick's shadow. Terrific article.