Bill Belichick Post-game:
"It’s a tough loss today, it always is in the division. Give the Jets credit. They just did a better job than we did today. I really don’t think there’s a whole lot more to say about it. They just outplayed us and out-coached us and just performed better than we did over the 60 minutes and I think that was pretty much the story of the game. We had our chances and we didn’t take advantage of them. They had their chances and they did. That’s why it ended up the way it did."
"We didn’t do a good enough job."
"I think we were ready to go. They just did a better job than we did."
"I’m not taking anything away from their whole defense, secondary, defensive line, linebackers. They made plays and we didn’t get things done. You have to give credit when it’s due and they did a [heck] of a job.’’ Moss was impressed with Jets coach Rex Ryan’s defensive schemes. "At the end of the game we kept going backward,’’ said Moss. "As a whole offensive unit we just didn’t make things happen, so you have to give credit. That’s the biggest thing, you have to tip your hats to them. They played a [heck] of a game.’’
- Erik Scalavino analyzes the game, says the Jets succeeded in getting into the heads of the Patriots.
- Game Notes: Patriots at Jets. Brady passed his way past Steve Grogan into 2nd place on the Patriots all-time passing list yesterday. He only needs 2,618 more yards, to throw himself in front of record holder Drew Bledsoe.
Post-Game Pressers. Belichick, Moss and Brady. (3.44 min. video) No transcripts yet.
- Shalise Manza Young notes Brady shouldered much of the blame for the offense's lack of scoring, but adds there's only so many duds in a pack of fireworks.
- Ian Rapoport reports the Patriots couldn't slow down the Jets' all-out attack.
- Chris Gasper reports that Ryan's team surprised the Patriots at the Meadowlands yesterday.
- Chris Gasper Patriots Notebook: Moss praises Jets' defense; Julian Edelman, Welker's 'mini-me', finished admirably in his NFL debut; too many penalties for the usually disciplined Pats; Meriweather left with ankle injury during game and returned.
- Chris Gasper gives us the Ups and Downs in the wake of the loss. (yes, there were some ups - they only lost by one touchdown for pete's sake.)
- Ian Rapoport Patriots Notebook: Penalties costly; Springs filled in for an injured Meriweather; Guyton had a terrific game; Gostowski was team's leading scorer.
- Monique Walker tackles the Patriots defense which, in the words of Adalius Thomas, didn't play well enough.
- Jeff Howe notes the Patriots struggled in their second straight game.
- Chris Forsberg focuses on how Brady couldn't pull off a comeback like he did against Buffalo.
- Christopher Price offers highlights from last night's post-game pressers: Belichick, Brady and Moss.
- Christopher Price offers some quotes of note from the Patriots locker room.
- Dan Shaughnessy says there was nothing worse for the Pats than allowing the Jets to trash talk and get away with it. Oh, and these Pats pretty much stink and have a bad coach.
Ron Borges piles it on saying Belichick's Patriots are in trouble. Pats are one bone-headed Bill's play from being 0-2.
Mike Reiss (ESPN Boston):
- Patriots use three WR set for most of the game.
- Patriots offensive snaps against the Jets.
- Top Storylines in the loss.
- Moss held to just four catches.
- Jets put a lot of pressure on Brady; no sacks.
- NFL Game Center: Patriots at Jets. Recap, stats, analysis and video highlights from the game.
- Peter King (SI) MMQB: Jets' Sanchez among young QBs playing well; older guys keep up too.
- Tim Graham (ESPN) Pats rookie Edelman forces Jets to take notice.
- Tim Graham (ESPN) Jets defense puts Brady at a loss.
- Charles Robinson (Yahoo! Sports) Jets push prim and proper to the side.
- Alex Marvez (Fox Sports) Jets back up talk; deal Patriots 16-9 defeat.