Bill Belichick spoke to the media Monday about getting ready to play the Lions in Detroit on a short week.
Okay, well it would be nice to be able to sit around and put your feet up on the table and enjoy last night's game for a little bit but we're on to Detroit. So, short week here. [We have] a lot to do. We have to try to cram three days, six days into three. So I think the players came in with a good attitude today, really tried to get a lot done. Obviously, we've got a lot of work to do. We're going to try and keep grinding it out here. It's a big start for us today and we have to try to find a way to get everything done her.
It's the day after the game, so, physically, it's a pretty low-impact day. Tomorrow, we have to go out there and try to get into some situations that we didn't get into today: third-down, red area, special situations, things like that. Get the phases of the kicking game covered. Then Wednesday is kind of like Saturday. You just have to try and pull everything together, wrap it up, walk through, walk through some situational plays and the hands team, those kinds of things that you know you have to have ready. Then we go, go play.
Vince Wilfork talks about Sunday's game and about the strength of the Patriots defense.
“The Colts are a great team. Every year we play these guys, it’s always a nail-biter, it goes down to the wire. The biggest thing for us was to finish, to play 60 minutes of football this week. We got every bit of 60 minutes out of the game yesterday.”
“Peyton, we forced him to throw three interceptions. You can say whatever you want to say about our defense. The fact of the matter is, he did throw us three.”
“I think the guys around me are comfortable with their roles. We don’t have any selfish players on this team. Everybody just pulls for one another. They make the plays when they present themselves and we get to the next play, good or bad. These guys do a real good job of that.”
- Game Preview: New England Patriots at Detroit Lions. Broadcast info, series history, player and team connections and more.
- Erik Scalavino notes undersized corner Kyle Arrington is coming up big for the Patriots these days, and in some unexpected places.
- Erik Scalavino looks at the Lions/Thanksgiving week schedule for the Patriots.
- Patriots-Lions Monday Injury Report.
- Monday Press Conference: Bill Belichick (12.49 min. video) plus transcript.
- Patriots Today - Another epic ending for Pats-Colts. (3.30 min. video)
- Patriots Today - Wilfork, Meriweather on WEEI. (3.11 min. video)
- Patriots Today - Belichick on WEEI. (2.43 min. video)
- Locker Room Uncut - What day is it today? (3.38 min. video)
- Shalise Manza Young notes there's no time to savor the Colts win with the Lions looming in Detroit on a short week.
- his observations after an impressive win. offers
- Chris Gasper feels the win over the Colts upped the ante and the expectations on the Patriots for this season.
- Mike Reiss notes the theme for this week from Bill Belichick and the players is "turn the page."
- Shalise Manza Young offers bits from Belichick, the short week and Jim Schwartz.
- Christopher Price offers the five most important things we need to know about the Patriots from Monday.
- Mike Reiss reports that Patriots at Lions on Thanksgiving will mark the sixth broadcast in which Jim Nantz and Phil Simms will call the action.
- Tom E. Curran thinks people have been missing the boat on just how remarkable this season has been so far.
- Gerry Callahan writes the Patriots were 7-3 at this point last year and feeling pretty good before they crashed.
- Ian Rapoport reports Matt Light was matched up individually with Dwight Freeney for most of the game and won nearly all of his duels.
- Ian Rapoport looks at how the Patriots protected on Brady's 26 pass plays.
- Mike Reiss notes the Patriots once again won the turnover battle, with three interceptions of Colts quarterback Peyton Manning.
- Mike Reiss looks at where the Patriots rank in key NFL statistical categories after 11 weeks.
- Shalise Manza Young looks at some of the individual stats for New England players.
- Mike Reiss reports DL Mike Wright sustained a concussion Sunday and could miss the Lions game. Wright leads the Pats with 5.5 sacks.
- Mike Reiss looks at the positional groupings utilized against the Colts.
- Mike Rodak re-watches Sunday's game against the Colts and offers some of his observations: First quarter - Second quarter - Third quarter and Fourth quarter.
- Mike Reiss breaks down the Patriots' pass protection, that now ranks 6th in the NFL in fewest sacks allowed per pass play.
WEEI Patriots Monday transcript highlights: Tom Brady - Vince Wilfork - Brandon Meriweather - Bill Belichick - Boomer Esiason.
- Mike Reiss shows where Belichick stands on the all-time coaching wins list.
- Ian Rapoport Patriots Notebook: Matt Light put the short week in perspective, "It feels like a Monday, but it's actually a Wednesday."; Darius Butler saw his first significant playing tie since before the Week 3 win against the Bills; Several Patriots, including Robert Kraft, will be featured in a Thanksgiving Day TV spot for the NFL's Play 60 initiative. Cool!
- Monique Walker Patriots Notebook: Tom Brady didn't appreciate Colts D-line tactic of simulating the snap count to draw the O-line offsides; Danny Woodhead and BenJarvus Green-Ellis are both thankful for how hard the receivers block for them and get them extra yards; O-Line looks cohesive with Logan Mankins back in the lineup; Bill Belichick enjoyed a little long-toss lacrosse with Boston Cannons midi Paul Rabil after the game; Injury update.
- Ron Borges Week 11 Patriots Report Card.
- Kirk Minihane Week 11 Patriots Report Card.
- NFL Play 60 Video featuring the Bengals, Chargers Rams and Patriots. (1.31 min. video)
- John Czarnecki (Fox Sports) Brady wins another battle vs. Manning.
- Jarrett Bell (USA Today) Patriots young defense bending, not breaking.
- Michael Lombardi (NFL.com) Colts' problems come to forefront in loss to Patriots.
- NFL Gameday (NFL.com) Steve Sabol takes a closer look at the rivalry between Colts QB Peyton Manning and Patriots QB Tom Brady. (2.45 min. video)
- Kevin Fishbain (Pro Football Weekly) Patriots' risky formula for success keeps working.
- Kevin Fishbain (Pro Football Weekly) Patriots-Lions matchup of the day: Patriots kick coverage vs. Lions KR Stefan Logan.
- Week 11 winners and losers. (Nat'l Football Post)
- Matt Bowen (Nat'l Football Post) Sunday post game notes: Matt Ryan, Manning's INT, Brees, Woodhead and more.
- Don Banks (SI) Brad Childress' firing began with desperate pursuit of Brett Favre.
- Gregg Easterbrook (ESPN) TMQ: Wes Welker can play for TMQ any day.
VIEW FROM DETROIT
- Howard Ullman, AP (Detroit Free Press) With Lions looming, Patriots have little time to savor win over Colts.
- Noah Trister, AP (Los Angeles Times) Frustrated Lions must bounce back quickly with Thanksgiving game coming up.
- DetroitLions.com Lions reach sellout for 71st Thanksgiving Day game.
- Carlos Monarrez (Detroit Free Press) Jim Schwartz addresses Lions' penalty problems.
- Dave Birkett (Detroit Free Press) Lions' swap of No. 3 WRs doesn't lead to production.
- Dave Birkett (Detroit Free Press) Toe injuries dog Lions' rookie Jahvid Best. Lions would like to use him for key plays.
- Steve Schrader (Detroit Free Press) Once again, it's same old bottom line.
- Drew Sharp (Detroit Free Press) QB John Kitna comes back to bite Lions.