Patrick Hruby (ESPN) Tom Brady apparently wrote a letter to Santa Claus, and Page 2's dubious network of sources tracked down a copy. Here is an excerpt:
I've been a good boy all year. Great, even. I suppose you could say golden. Especially during the past month. Have you seen my passer rating? I'm killing Peyton Manning. ...
... I don't need football gifts. A year ago, I would have asked for a roster infusion of young playmakers. Thing is, we have that now. A month ago, I would have requested a deep-threat receiver. Turns out we don't need one. I've never needed a running back. I definitely don't want a new coach, and if I ask you to shut up Rex Ryan, it'll make pummeling his team only half as much fun.
Seriously, I'm stumped. My head is starting to hurt. Hey, here's an idea: give something to my offensive linemen. Something lucrative. Something that affords them a taste of the glory and attention that usually comes my way. How about a national television advertising campaign for a well-known credit card brand?
What's left? Good question. A Super Bowl ring? I have three. An MVP award? I have one of those, too. My presidential run is at least a decade away. I guess Gisele is right: I'm pretty difficult to shop for. As such, I think you should skip my chimney this year. Get some rest. Save your strength. You're going to need it - I'll bet Peyton's list is wicked long.
- Erik Scalavino reports newcomers and young players are having to step up as injuries mount.
- Patriots-Packers Wednesday Injury Report.
- Packers Conference Calls: Mike McCarthy. (8.12 min.) and Charles Woodson (11.06 min.) plus Transcripts.
- Patriots Today - Arrington, CBs in the spotlight. (3.33 min. video)
- Patriots Today - Pats practice for the Pack. (1.34 min. video)
- Belichick Breakdown - Patriots vs. Bears. (5.11 min. video)
- Tom Brady Touchdown Challenge - The Hanson family will donate $1,000 to Best Buddies International for every touchdown pass Tom Brady throws during the 2010 regular season.
- Karen Guregian focuses on Packers CB Charles Woodson and his relationship with former Wolverine teammate Tom Brady.
- Ian Rapoport reports Tom Brady doesn't see the team having "great wins" he views them through work that still needs to be done and mistakes that need to be corrected.
- Karen Guregian reports the Patriots O-Line will have another tough test with the Green Bay Packers in town on Sunday.
- Steve Buckley reveals the secret of this year's Patriots team, let out by rookie TE Aaron Hernandez. The players are never allowed to get comfortable.
- Greg A. Bedard points out the two questions the Patriots still have on defense, and thinks it's unlikely that Aaron Rodgers will play on Sunday.
- Monique Walker notes Wes Welker and Deion Branch are proving to be much harder to cover than Randy Moss.
- Mike Reiss notes Patriots newly acquired CB Chevis Jackson is now back in a 'Saban' system, which might be a catalyst for his career.
- Tom E. Curran points out what everyone in the league is doing: When in doubt, blame the Patriots.
- Mike Reiss previews Pats-Packers. (3.27 min. video)
- Mike Reiss helps us get to know new Patriots DL Louis Leonard.
- Shalise Manza Young answers her weekly reader mailbag.
- Tim Graham (ESPN) Woodson still has Tuck Rule nightmares.
- Greg Frith (NFL Films) Versatile unknowns help fuel NFL's premier offensive machine.
- Tim Graham (ESPN) Westhoff: Patriots line up in a wall, too.
- Tim Graham (ESPN) Jets claim Sal Alosi ordered the wall. Whew, I thought they were going to blame it on Belichick.
- Tim Graham (ESPN) Week 15 playoff scenarios for Patriots, Jets.
- Damon Hack (SI) Has the fun run out for the Jets?
VIEW FROM GREEN BAY
- Pete Dougherty (Green Bay Press Gazette) 'The Matt Flynn Show': Green Bay Packers backup QB likely to start Sunday against powerhouse Patriots.
- Gary D'Amato (Milwaukee Journal Sentinel) Flynn likely to start at QB after Rodgers' concussion.
- Mike Spofford (Packers.com) No decision on Rodgers until Saturday. In meantime, team supporting Flynn as he prepares for potential first start.
- Mike Vandermause (Green Bay Press Gazette) Green Bay Packers face greatest challenge of the season against red-hot Patriots.
- Tom Fanning (Packers.com) Notebook: Brady provides imposing test.
- Tom Silverstein (Milwaukee Journal Sentinel) McCarthy on Rodgers, state of team.
- Tom Silverstien (Milwaukee Journal Sentinel) Patriots Week: Rodgers not at practice.
- Rob Demovsky (Green Bay Press Gazette) Green Bay Packers CB Charles Woodson raring to play against former college teammate Tom Brady.