Tom Brady talks with NFL Network's Rich Eisen in a wide-ranging interview. Eisen suggests the Patriots are a different team than the last time they played the Jets.
"We are, but they are, too. We both like to think we’ve improved. And really, the identity of your team starts to take shape around now. All the guys you’ve brought in over the course of the offseason, they’ve had a chance to be coached and a lot of the depth of each team is showing through. You see the teams that are mentally tough and work hard and are committed to doing what their coaches ask. That shows up this time of year. We’ve always played better in the second half of the season, and I think both us and the Jets are very confident this week."
Deion Branch responds to the NY media about a question on Tom Brady.
Tom, he's a nerd (joking). This guy studies so much. The thing is, we're in the room studying with him, going over a lot of things: positions, where he wants us to be when he's getting ready to throw the ball. I think guys are, obviously, making sure they're doing what he's asking of them to do and the outcome will be pretty good. I think the front line has been doing a great job for him back there, giving him time to throw the ball. I think guys are going out and making plays for him. This guy, he's a perfectionist. We all enjoy going to work for him.
- Wednesday Conference Calls: Deion Branch transcript.
- Tedy Bruschi conference call. (15.39 min. audio)
- The New England Patriots will honor former LB Tedy Bruschi in a special halftime ceremony during Monday night's game against the New York Jets.
- Patriots Today - Building up to Monday night. (3.35 min. video)
- Belichick Breakdown: Patriots vs. Lions. (3.21 min. video)
- Patriots Today - Welcome to the NFL. (5.30 min. video)
- Gillette Stadium to host six MIAA Super Bowls on Saturday. Go Mansfield Hornets!
- Greg A. Bedard reports a lot has changed for the Patriots and the Jets since their first meeting.
- Mike Reiss explores the changes in both teams since the Pats and Jets last met in Week 2.
- Bob Ryan sees the characters and plot are all in place for high drama Monday night.
- Mike Reiss offers his three keys to a Patriots win Monday night.
- Christopher Price talks about the five most important things we need to know about the Patriots Wednesday.
- Mike Reiss posts today's media-based schedule at Gillette Stadium.
- Jeff Howe asserts the Patriots need Tom Brady to stay red-hot to avenge their early-season performance against the Jets.
- Mark Farinella appreciates the gregarious and approachable Deion Branch.
- Ian Rapoport hears Darius Butler say he's come a long way from Braylon Edwards' in-your-face Dougie.
- Tom E. Curran looks at the key battles in the Pats-Jets rematch.
- Ian Rapoport notes Jets' TE Dustin Keller presents problems for the Patriots linebackers.
- Mike Petraglia thinks the Jets will give the Pats' DBs their stiffest test yet.
- Robert Lee writes the Patriots defense has been getting worse, not better.
- Tom E. Curran says it's not about how teams win, it's all about how many wins a team has.
- Ian Rapoport notes Ex-Patriot Shawn Springs says Rex Ryan has been better than Bill Belichick over the last five years. Hey Shawn, have you passed your physical yet?
- Ron Borges writes about 'the joy of Rex' who would never have earned the nickname "Doom" like Bill Belichick did.
- Mike Cole lists his Top Ten reasons to hate the New York Jets. Yep, Fireman Ed included.
- Greg A. Bedard notes FootballOutsiders says the current Patriots are on the same pace as the 2007 version.
- Shalise Manza Young reports Tedy Bruschi is excited and appreciative of being honored at Gillette Stadium Monday night.
- Jeff Howe writes Tedy Bruschi's determination and instincts made him a Patriots great, but not the greatest Patriot. Tom Brady holds that honor.
- Tony Massarotti asserts if the Patriots want to win the Super Bowl, they have to beat the Jets because they'll need the home field advantage to win.
- Kirk Minihane answers his weekly Patriots mailbag.
- Shalise Manza Young answers her weekly reader mailbag.
- Thomas Grillo reports the ticket prices are soaring for Monday night's Pats-Jets matchup in Foxboro.
- Ian Rapoport Patriots Notebook: Bill Belichick talks about the respect he has for Rex, Rob and Buddy Ryan; Tedy Bruschi advocates a 'Ring of Fame' at Gillette Stadium to honor former Patriot greats; Belichick gave his players four days off following the Thanksgiving game and another day off yesterday; Kyle Arrington enjoys lining up as a pass rusher and hopes to get a sack or two; Deion Branch notes Darrelle Revis doesn't look like he's hampered by anything and looks good.
- Shalise Manza Young Patriots Notebook: Tedy Bruschi thinks jersey numbers shouldn't be retired, but honored by the rookies who wear them; Bruschi also thinks the Jets will win the AFC East; Bill Belichick talked up his respect for Rex Ryan during his conference call with the NY media; Soldier Field is being re-sodded this week to help with footing when the Pats play the Bears in Chicago on Dec. 12.
- Tim Graham (ESPN) Patriots D poor against 'power' running.
- ESPN Stats and Information looks at Brady, the Jets and play-action.
- Rich Cimini (ESPNNY) Can Brady handle the pressure?
- Kevin Fishbain (Pro Football Weekly) Patriots corners can get revenge vs. Jets.
- Steve Young (ESPN) Praise for the Pats; Logan Mankins makes the difference. (2 min. video)
- Tim Graham and James Walker (ESPN) Double coverage: Best divisional rivalry.
- Tim Graham (ESPN) Debate revisited: Jets-Patriots confirmed.
- Dan Wetzel (Yahoo! Sports) Big stage reserved for Ryan's bravado, bluster.
- Kevin Fishbain (Pro Football Weekly) Patriots-Jets matchup of the day: Jets KR-WR Brad Smith vs. Patriots' kick coverage/defense.
- Peter King (SI) MMQB Tuesday edition: Mailbag; NFL not deterring players from fights with small fines.
- Aaron Wilson (Nat'l Football Post) Terrell Suggs accuses NFL of favoring Tom Brady and Peyton Manning.
- Randy Cross (Nat'l Football Post) Unclear on the Concept: NFL "Big Hit" policy not negotiable.
- John Harris (Pittsburgh Tribune Review) An angry Hines Ward lashes out at NFL 'hypocrites'.
- Jason La Canfora (NFL.com) Fans lucky for Week 13 with marquee matchups like Jets-Patriots.
- Dom Bonvissuto (SI) NFL playoff projections, Week 13.
- Alex Marvez (Fox Sports) AFC playoff race wide open.
- Vinnie Iyer (Sporting News) NFL Week 13 look-ahead.
VIEW FROM NEW YORK
- Bob Glauber (Newsday) Healthy LT hungry to face Patriots again.
- Mark Cannizzaro (NY Post) Patriots have everything Jets want.
- Gary Myers (NY Daily News) Bill Belichick must find way to stop Santonio Holmes, who has emerged as Jets' go-to receiver.
- Nick Gallo (NewYorkJets.com) Jets consider again how to attack Brady.
- Jenny Vrentas (NJ Star-Ledger) Safety Eric Smith using smarts to help Jets defense.
- Mark Cannizzaro (NY Post) Former Patriots player Tedy Bruschi has tips for Jets.
- George Willis (NY Post) Former Patriots LB Bruschi knows urgency of rivalry vs. Jets.
- Jenny Vrentas (NJ Star-Ledger) Patriots coach Bill Belichick takes the high road when discussing Rex Ryan.
- Kevin Armstrong (NY Daily News) Patriots coach Bill Belilchick sticks to dull script, offers nothing but praise for Rex Ryan and Jets.
- Filip Bondy (NY Daily News) In battle of QBs, Tom Brady is the leader today, but Mark Sanchez only behind by a hair.
- Richard Rosenblatt (NY Post) Rex Ryan's greatest hits.
- Wednesday Conference Calls (NewYorkJets.com) Bill Belichick and Deion Branch transcripts.