Paul Kenyon notes the Patriots have reached the point where merely winning is not enough for some people. They are expected to be dominant. Vince Wilfork speaks out about those expectations.
"You look at this game and say, ‘Oh, the Patriots didn’t play like they played the last couple weeks.’ The last couple weeks we gave up only 10 points," Wilfolk pointed out. "We can’t blow out everybody every week. I think that sometimes, as players, coaches or fans, you look at teams we played the last couple weeks. We handled them pretty well. It’s not going to be like that all the time. We expect to win. I don’t care what the margin of the win is. We expect to win every week we take the field."
"You will not take the victory from us," Wilfork said. "You will not make us feel bad, like it’s the end of the road because we gave up 27 points or whatever it is. We were inconsistent at times. Yes, there are things we can work on and we can learn from, which we will.
Tedy Bruschi tries to get into the mind of Dan Connolly, as he wasn't available to the media after the game.
"OK, here we go, I've got the L5 to block, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. Got it. Get ready, here comes the kick. It's a squib! It's coming right at me! I've got this. Wait for the bounce … time the bounce … there it is, it's up in the air. I've just got to get under it. Got it! Now don't fumble!
Get both arms around this bad boy and just run straight ahead. They'll tackle me soon. I see a lot of Packers in front of me, why don't I try to go left. Yeah, good idea. I should be tackled soon anyway.
Wait, where is everybody? I'm still running? They're gonna tackle me soon, right? I'm in the clear! Run faster! I can't believe they haven't tackled me yet! I'm still running! Why am I carrying the ball like a little girl carries her teddy bear? Just keep running! Oh man, so this is what it feels like. I'm pretty good at this!
Here comes somebody. Let me try this stiff-arm. I've seen Benny [BenJarvus Green-Ellis] do this a lot. It worked! I'm still running! I can score! Oooh blockers, sweet! Block the kicker! Good job! Cutback time, baby! I've never run this far in my life! I see it! I can score!
How will I celebrate? Should I dance? Why am I falling? I can't believe they tackled me. Is it over? How close was I? Four-yard line? I should've scored!"
- Erik Scalavino reports no other offensive lineman has ever returned a kickoff close to Dan Connolly's 71-yard effort Sunday night against Green Bay.
- Erik Scalavino shows us the Bills/Christmas week schedule, and some leftover notes from the Packers.
- Monday Conference Call: Bill Belichick (9.32 min. video) plus Transcript.
- WEEI Patriots Monday: Tom Brady (21.22 min. audio), Tully Banta-Cain (9.15 min.), Vince Wilfork and Kyle Arrington (15.20 min.) and Bill Belichick (27.50 min.)
- Patriots Today - Pats win over Pack wasn't perfect. (3.48 min. video)
- Patriots Today - Wilfork, Arrington on WEEI. (4.49 min. video)
- Ian Rapoport reports the Patriots defense was on the field far too long Sunday, allowing the Packers to convert 11 of 19 third downs.
- Ian Rapoport breaks down the Patriots third-down defense, play by play, from Sunday night.
- Jackie MacMullan writes, imperfect as they were Sunday night, the Patriots are still on top in the AFC.
- Chris Gasper feels the fact that the Patriots won Sunday in spite of their errors, speaks to how good a team they are and why they can go to the Super Bowl.
- Monique Walker notes the Patriots need to clean up their game a little.
- Dan Shaughnessy focuses on the Patriots' NFL-best turnover ratio of plus-20, and how they're taking care of the football.
- Mike Rodak catches up with Tully Banta-Cain who says Sunday night's close win will serve as a reminder of what it will take to win in the playoffs.
- Ian Rapoport reveals how Tom Brady finds Aaron Hernandez open: Hernandez screams to him, Brady hears him and gets him the ball for a TD.
- Mark Farinella puts some extra focus on Dan Connolly's return.
- Gary Marbry offers a few quick statistical notes and observations from last night's win over Green Bay.
- Tedy Bruschi gives us five observations from the Patriots' close call against the Packers.
- Mike Reiss looks at and analyzes at the snaps played by Patriots defenders in the team's 31-27 win over the Packers.
- Mike Reiss looks at the positional groupings utilized by the Patriots in Sunday's win and notes all three offensive TDs came out of the same package.
- Mike Reiss looks at the sacks allowed per pass play this season, noting Tom Brady was sacked three times for the third straight game.
- Mike Reiss acknowledges he should have put Vince Wilfork in the "Up column" instead of the "Down". Good man, Mike.
- WEEI Patriots Monday highlights: Tom Brady - Vince Wilfork - Kyle Arrington - Tully Banta-Cain and Bill Belichick.
- WEEI highlights Boomer Esiason's guest appearance on the Dennis & Callahan show Monday morning.
- Michael Felger offers four quick thoughts from a terrific NFL Sunday.
- Michael Felger Week 15 Report Card. 'You know you're pretty good when you can throw 2 TDs, no interceptions, compile a 110.2 QB rating and win -- and still have people say you had an off day."
- Ron Borges Week 15 Report Card.
- Ian Rapoport Patriots Notebook: Belichick estimated Wilfork played 74 of 80 defensive snaps and "really had an outstanding game"; More than a dozen Patriots helped host a holiday shopping spree for 50 children from homeless shelters at Bass Pro Shops; CB Tony Carter was excited to be promoted from the practice squad; Dan Connolly wished he could have scored; Patriots sacked Matt Flynn a season-high five times.
- Shalise Manza Young Patriots Notebook: Belichick said he has to do a better job coaching and preparing his players, and lauded Vince Wilfork's game as one of the best; Tom Brady was happy with the win even though the Patriots didn't play their best; Mike Wright is "definitely improving" according to Belichick, but he wasn't ready to go Sunday.
- ESPN Stats and Information: Patriots-Packers next level stats.
- Kevin Fishbain (Pro Football Weekly) Patriots defensive problems return in close win.
- Gregg Doyel (CBS Sports) Humbug: Patriots not feeling like winners after subpar effort.
- Gary D'Amato (Milwaukee Journal Sentinel) How in the world did the Packers lose, 31-27, on Sunday night? Going strictly by the numbers, the Packers outplayed the Patriots.
- Kevin Fishbain (Pro Football Weekly) Patriots MVP meter: Week 15.
- Tim Graham (ESPN) AFC East wins series against AFC North.
- Jason Cole (Yahoo! Sports) NFL in '10: Tension, inspiration and redemption.
- Jonathan Comey (Cold Hard Football Facts) 10 things we learned in Week 15.
- Milestone Tracker (NFL.com) A statistical feature that tracks weekly, season, and career stats of NFL players, specifically players about to reach a statistical milestone.
- Jason Whitlock (Fox Sports) Michael Vicks performance vs. New York Giants a thing of beauty.
- Sean Leahy (USA Today) NFL playoff picture muddied with just two weeks left.
- Pat Imig (Cold Hard Football Facts) Good Grief! ESPN's swaddling clothes of hype. "Isn't there anyone at ESPN who knows what football is all about?"