90. Taylor Price, WR Ohio University
Players left: G Mike Johnson, CB Brandon Ghee, TE Tony Moeaki
- Great hands.
- Great adjustments to the ball.
- Basically a free pick due to the Devin McCourty trade down.
- Good blocker.
- Hard worker, team player. Not a diva.
- Questionable competition.
- Can he build a rapport with Brady?
- Not a special teams player.
- Where will he rank on the roster? Randy Moss, Wes Welker, Julian Edelman are all ahead on the roster. He'll fight with Brandon Tate and Torry Holt for the #3 slot while Welker's out.
Summary: Price probably won't become a #1 receiver, but we've picked up so many #2 receivers (Tate, Edelman, Welker, Price, soon to be Moss, Holt) that we could run an offense like the Saints without a #1. This could be a great style- throw to the open man and know he'll catch it. Where does he fit on our receiver depth chart?
Final Player Grade: B+. He's unproven product with some of the greatest upside out of all the receivers in the draft.
Final Draft Pick Grade: A-. He's basically a free player since we traded down to grab McCourty. However, we had the potential to move up and grab a more proven receiver. Price remains a project- a fantastic project with tremendous upside, but a project nonetheless.