62. Brandon Spikes, ILB Florida
Players left: OT Charles Brown, WR Damian Williams
- Top college performer.
- Solid in passing defense.
- Elite in run defense.
- Picked up a 2011 2nd round pick by dropping down from #47 overall.
- Picked up a 5th round pick (150. Zoltan Mesko)
- Smart player who compliments Jerod Mayo.
- Disruptive in the backfield.
- Emotional leader.
- Not very good straight line speed- although it will be masked in the 3-4 defense.
- Won't catch many players from behind.
Summary: Great player who could have gone in the first round if he had a great 40 time. He didn't. In the 3-4 defense, Spikes doesn't have to be as fast in a line since he'll be playing in the box.
Final Player Grade: A-. He'll still need to work on his speed, but I believe that Spikes is a steal in this draft. He allows Guyton to become a speed guy (outside blitzer, anyone?) and he can be a great player with Mayo.
Final Draft Pick Grade: A+. We get a 2011 second round pick, Zoltan Mesko AND Spikes. WHAT?!