Mike Reiss reports Torry Holt takes pride in his mentoring role.
Holt talked about how he feels the best way he can mentor younger receivers like Brandon Tate, Julian Edelman and Co., is by example. Jaguars receiver Mike Sims-Walker had credited Holt with mentoring him last year, and Holt relayed how he’s already spoken with Edelman about other teams now have a full year of tape to study him and prepare to defend him. His message was that Edelman now has to put himself in position to counter that.
"That’s how you stay relevant, that’s how you stay consistent, and that’s how you become a good player in the National Football League," Holt said.
Reflecting on his mentors. When it comes to those who mentored him early in his career with the Rams, Holt pointed to Isaac Bruce, Ricky Proehl, Marshall Faulk, Mike Jones and Ernie Conwell, among others. "Those were the guys that I had to show me the way," he said.
Tom Brady talks about how he works out while in Paris with Gisele for her work.
"It’s actually pretty nice. She’s working, she’s busy, sometimes I can work out three time a day. I’ve never minded working out, and thank God for that. When she’s working all day, it gives me time to do exactly what I needed to do. I find that whenever I travel, I do pretty lengthy workouts. … There’s not as much throwing. Those little French guys, they don’t know what the hell football is, I’d probably blow one of their hands out."
Mike Reiss doesn't see much happening with the Logan Mankins contract talks.
Nothing imminent. From what I understand, the sides aren't engaged in any type of serious negotiation at this time. While things can change fast, I don't view the present situation as one in which any momentum is building toward an extension. I also think Mankins can now look at the mega-deal signed by Saints' guard Jahri Evans, a restricted free agent like himself, and dig his heels in a bit deeper in terms of pushing for an extension.
- Ask PFW, Part I: Front seven, front and center.
- Ask PFW, Part II: Rookie potential.
- Patriots WR Torry Holt addresses the media during his interview at Gillette Stadium. (10 min. video)
Mike Reiss participated in Matt Light's and Peter King's charity "locker room luncheon" Tuesday at Davios. Julian Edelman talks about his draft-day phone call from Belichick.
- Ian Rapoport offers some highlights from Tom Brady's interview with Dennis & Callahan on WEEI this morning.
- Albert Breer offers even more highlights from Tom Brady's Q&A on WEEI.
- Mike Reiss has some noteworthy bits from Tom Brady.
- Jerry Thornton is worried that Tom Brady could be turning into a normal, well-adjusted human being.
- Albert Breer notes with Torry Holt, 'the Patriots are getting a smart, savvy technician and a sound route-runner who can rely on more than physical ability to beat an opponent.'
- Mike Reiss offers seven quick hits from veteran receiver Torry Holt.
- Albert Breer listens to Torry Holt talk about his deep love of football and his mangled finger, that he proudly displays in tribute to the old-school football players.
- Karen Guregian says Torry Holt has a finger on the pulse of the Patriot Way.
- Shalise Manza Young reports Torry Holt's catch phrase is 'lead by example.'
- Ian Rapoport notes former Marshall WR Troy Brown was inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame. Congratulations Troy.
- Ian Rapoport has clips from CB Leigh Bodden's offseason photo-shoot for a magazine in Paris.
- Albert Breer discusses the Patriots listed in the USA Today's All-2000s 53-man roster.
- Ian Rapoport Patriots Notebook: Teammates can't wait to see Wes Welker back; Julian Edelman says he and Tom throw whenever he's in town; Matt Light and Peter King teamed up for charity at Davios yesterday; Troy Brown was selected for the College Football Hall of Fame.
- Tim Graham (ESPN) Pats receiver Holt proud to be crooked.
- Michael Lombardi (Nat'l Football Post) A new course for Brady: Pats QB knows it's a big year for him and his team.
- Tim Graham (ESPN) The big question: Three playoff teams?
- Nate Davis (USA Today) All-star squad: the best 53-man roster of NFL's past 10 years.
- Don Banks (SI) Why AP's revote decision is wrong, and why I'm still voting for Cushing.
- Peter King (SI) MMQB Tuesday edition: Why AP's revote decision is right, and why I won't vote for Cushing.
- Vic Carucci (NFL.com) Cushing should be stripped of all postseason awards.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) NFLPA issues subtle but strong statement on Brian Cushing suspension.