Mike Reiss notes Kevin Faulk expects the intensity level to be high when the Patriots' seasoned veterans participate in the OTAs.
"The intensity level is probably going to be high," running back Kevin Faulk said when asked what could be expected. "Expectations of the guys that are coming in that weren’t here this week are going to be high. Coach is going to expect things to run a little more smoothly. It’s supposed to. We’re veteran guys and we know what we have to do. We know what’s at stake for us right now as a football team."
With the Patriots scheduled to practice with the Saints and Falcons this preseason, he was asked what he remembers from the work against the Giants. "Very intense," he recalled. "Some guys don’t like some guys and they get into it. But from my understanding, it’s something that always happened. Guys get into it because you’re hot, you’re tired, you’ve been practicing all day, and you’re practicing against someone that you really haven’t been practicing against."
Jeff Howe notes Robert Kraft's confidence in the eventual contract resolutions of Logan Mankins and Tom Brady.
"Those are two young men that will be on this team," Kraft said, "and two important people for us in the future here."
- Erik Scalavino notes Robert Kraft was encouraging in his remarks about signing Logan Mankins, Tom Brady and the draftees.
- Patriots Today - Player thoughts from OTA. (3.27 min. video)
- Patriots Today - True MVPs honored by Pats. (2.19 min. video) The Patriots recognized 22 individuals whose charitable and volunteer efforts around New England help improve their communities. It's a special day each year at Gillette Stadium, as Robert Kraft, Bill Belichick and others took time Thursday to award grants and honor their dedication.
- Patriots Today - Bill Belichick at Community MVP Awards. (4.55 min. video)
- Patriots Today - Robert Kraft at Community MVP Awards. (7 min. video)
- Mike Reiss reports Bill Belichick touched on football and contract-related topics in a brief meeting with reporters yesterday.
- Tom E. Curran catches Belichick discussing the pros and cons of the planned joint practices with the Falcons and Saints this summer.
- Shalise Manza Young Patriots Notebook: Belichick said this week's OTAs focus on younger players and vets new to the team; Kraft talks about Mankins and Brady; Belichick discusses joint practices.
- Mike Reiss looks at the projected receiver depth chart.
- Shalise Manza Young notes Shawn Crable was happy to take part in yesterday's OTA and ready to turn mental reps into physical ones..
- Mike Reiss offers the transcript of his weekly online chat. Brandon Spikes has stood out at OTAs and Darius Butler, Brandon Meriweather and Leigh Bodden look like playmakers.
- Shalise Manza Young notes Patriots' all-time leading rusher Sam Cunningham has been selected to the College Football Hall of Fame for his exploits at Southern California.
- Matt West lists Boston's best individual performances of 2010. Julian Edelman is number nine.
- Tim Graham (ESPN) Dilfer: Patriots' offense 'exposed' last year.
- Tim Graham (ESPN) Belichick adding emphasis to defense.
- Michael David Smith (ProFootballTalk) Dungy weighs in against New York Super Bowl, inconsistent overtime.
- Scott Brown (Pittsburgh Tribune-Review) Goodell clears Big Ben to return to practice.
- Jeff Darlington (Miami Herald) Dolphiins' Phillip Merling arrested, accused of domestic battery.
- Michael McCann (SI) Seven years in, NFL Network still battling cable companies.