Albert Breer catches receivers' coach Chad O'Shea's assessments of some of his troops.
: "Brandon Tate has done an outstanding job of, No. 1, coming off a knee injury. he's worked extremely hard in the offseason. The athletic trainers and the doctors and himself have done a great job to get him to the point where he is right now competing on the field. So that's No. 1. He's done very well this spring. He's still got a long way to go. He's worked hard, and right now, we're happy to have Brandon Tate on the football field like we are others players. We really feel like it's a good group. They're very competitive, and they've worked very hard.''
: "I think Randy is a player who is constantly trying to improve, that’s No. 1. That’s what is one of the unique things about Randy Moss. He’s always trying to get better within his skill set. That being in mind, he comes out to the practice field and really works extremely hard every day to improve and there’s still much to learn … that he can tell you he can learn more. He can do better. And that’s what he plans to do this year."
Julian Edelman: "Yeah, Julian’s been through the system for one year, like a lot of our other players who have been through the system for one year who were rookies last season. He’s definitely made improvements. He’s worked hard. He still has a very long way to go, as we all do, coaches and players. He’s definitely made progress within the past year, no question."
Taylor Price: "Tayor had a unique set of circumstances. He wasn’t allowed to be here with us this spring, but he did a great job of keeping up with the information that we presented him, as much as we could with him being at another location. I really think he did a good job of working to learn that information just as he is right now when he came in."
Torry Holt: ''Torry Holt has come in and been a great veteran leader for us. He's a guy that brings a wealth of experience to the playing field. He definitely has a certain skill set that the other guys can learn from. He's come out and worked very hard in his role and done everything we've asked him to do.''
- Paul Perillo and Erik Scalavino debate if Pro Bowl guard Logan Mankins can mend fences with the Patriots and return.
- 6/18/2010 (20.22 min. video) All Access -
- Patriots Today - Reflecting on Mini Camp. (3.07 min. video)
- Patriots Today - O'Brien and O'Shea on the Pats' O. (3.31 min. video)
- Patriots Today - Belichick supports Friends of Jaclyn. (2.22 min. video)
- Karen Guregian asked several Patriots players to talk about what it means to have children. Matt Light is featured in a new book, "NFL Dads Dedicated to Daughters."
- Christopher Price reports Bill O'Brien and Chad O'Shea are both O'kay with the offensive coaching system in place and the "collaborative effort" with other assistants.
- Ian Rapoport questions just how safe is the new Gillette Stadium turf. "You just gotta hope the Patriots did the proper research, which I'm sure they did."
- Christopher Price reports Devin McCourty and the rest of the Patriots rookies got a taste of life in the NFL with the recently-concluded spring practices.
- Albert Breer takes a stab at what the roster will look like after the final cutdown.
- Shalise Manza Young says likable receiver/special teamer Matthew Slater will be fighting to make the Pats' roster this year.
- Mike Reiss catches up with rookie free agent WR Buddy Farnham, who's hoping to defy the odds and stick with the team.
- Christopher Price says Stephen Neal is high on ex-college wrestler John Wise. Neal was seen at mini-camp working with Wise on technique.
- Shalise Manza Young notes several Patriots players served as coaches for a flag football tournament for charity.
- Mike Reiss offers some quick-hit thoughts on the Pats and from around the NFL.
- Mike Reiss cleans out his Patriots notebook following the end of Mini-camp.
- Albert Breer NFL Notebook: Pioli saw gains in lost season for Kansas City; Albert Haynesworth's antics are no surprise to the Titans; QB Philip Rivers is now the face of the Chargers; After Giants' Domenik Hixon tore his ACL during practice, a firestorm erupted over the quality of the new FieldTurf surface.
- Aaron Wilson (Nat'l Football Post) Bill O'Brien growing into coaching role.
- Tim Graham (ESPN) Vikings argue FieldTurf is unsafe.
- Tim Graham (ESPN) Jets have third-best O-line in AFC East?
- Maurice Jones-Drew (SI) MMQB: There's one thing separating the great players from the good in the NFL.
- Aaron Wilson (Nat'l Football Post) Richard Seymour signs franchise tender.
- NFL news and notes. (Nat'l Football Post)
- Alex Marvez (Fox Sports) These 2008 draftees have a lot to prove this season.
- Quick Haynesworth thoughts. How could Haynesworth ever think that for the seven-year duration of his contract, the defensive scheme wasn't going to change? (SI)
- Steve Wyche (NFL.com) On the Fringe: Following 5 players as they fight for their NFL lives.