Andy Hart says Brady and the Pats are due and he'll see you all in Texas this Feb. 6.
Tom Brady has never gone more than two seasons in the NFL without a trip to the Super Bowl. He went to the big game and won it in 2001, 2003 and 2004. He went again (sorry to bring this up) and lost to the Giants in 2007.
So after entering the league in 2000, he went to the Bowl in his second season. He missed out in 2002. He then had his first of two two-year absences in 2005 and 2006. He’s in the second such streak now. Admittedly, his season-ending injury eliminated any chances he had in 2008, while the Baltimore Ravens equally emphatically eliminated his Big Game chances last January.
Albert Breer notes LB Tedy Bruschi is hosting his third annual SBLI Youth Football Clinic today at Gillette Stadium.
Retired Patriot Tedy Bruschi does a lot of under-the-radar good for people in this area. And most of it goes unnoticed because he seems to prefer it that way.
He let the cat out of the bag on this one: He will be hosting his third annual SBLI Youth Football Clinic tomorrow at Gillette Stadium.
An essay contest was held, and 54 kids were selected to participate in a gameday-like experience, that will start in the Patriot locker room and include the kids being introduced over the PA and going through the tunnel the way the players do. Some of Bruschi's ex-teammates will help out with drills after that as will a new friend of Bruschi's -- Boston College linebacker Mark Herzlich.
- Kyle Psaty details the June 1st comedy benefit for former RB Mosi Tatupu at Showcase Live.
- PFW in Progress - 6/22/10: This edition continues the discussion of players that stood out in the recent Patriots Mini Camp, the contract situations for Tom Brady and Logan Mankins and a variety of other offseason topics. (1:59:02 audio clip)
- Ian Rapoport offers a historical look at the situation surrounding Patriots guard Logan Mankins.
- Mike Reiss looks at the tight end position and how the Patriots compare with the rest of the NFL.
- Jeff Howe asserts rotations will be key to the Patriots generating a successful pass rush in 2010.
- Shalise Manza Young weighs in on Pete Prisco's Top 50 players list. Randy Moss in at 28; Welker 'just missed' the list altogether. Wonder what more he'd have to do to make it.
- Albert Breer notes the Patriots plan to be among the teams attending BYU tailback Harvey Unga's July 8 workout in Provo, Utah.
- Mike Reiss lists the Patriots draft scorecard by position under Bill Belichick (2000-present).
- Albert Breer reports the Falcons and Patriots will practice together at 8:30 a.m. and 3:45 p.m. on Aug. 17 near Atlanta.
- Ian Rapoport offers a video clip of Bill O'Brien discussing his mentors and style of teaching during mini-camp. (1.29 min. video)
- Albert Breer talks about the relationship between BC LB Mark Herzlich and former Patriot Tedy Bruschi. Pretty cool when people help each other out like that.
- Mike Reiss starts a list of the best places to watch the Patriots in different cities from around the country.
- Pete Prisco (CBS Sports) Top 50 players: (26-50) Bottom half even tougher task.
- Eric Edholm (ProFootballWeekly) Patriots consider options if Mankins stays away.
- Tim Graham (ESPN) A look at AFC East in the fantasy world.
- Roundtable: Players share thoughts on 18-game season, TV and more. (SI)
- Brad Biggs (Nat'l Football Post) Cutler on 18-game season: 'I like the format the way it is'
- Terrence Moore (NFL Fanhouse) NFL close to stiff-arming Jim Brown, others out of record books.
- Andrew Brandt (Nat'l Football Post) The C word. Is there collusion in the NFL this offseason?
- Tim Graham (ESPN) Saban regrets mishandling Miami exit.
- Mike Florio (Sporting News) Six teams that will advance to NFL playoffs in '10.
- Mike Florio (Sporting News) Six teams that will return to NFL playoffs in '10.
- Mike Florio (Sporting News) Six teams that won't return to the NFL playoffs in '10. Patriots included. Pffft...