"It's doing well kind of plugging along getting in more of a training mode than a rehab mode. It has been going good so far, taking it a day at a time."
Ian Rapoport reports there has been no news on the Logan Mankins situation and it's unclear whether he'll show up for Training Camp with his teammates.
"There’s nothing that’s happened. We haven’t heard from them," Mankins’ agent, Frank Bauer, told the Herald last night. "Everyone in the NFL is on vacation. We just have to see what happens."
"I think any time the door opens, a deal can get done," Bauer said. "Look, I’m good friends with Bill (Belichick), I know Bob Kraft real well. But (labor) circumstances came out and turned everything sideways. But you never know who is going to pick up a phone and say, ‘We need to get this thing done.’ "
"The ball is in their court," Bauer said. "They do what they have to do, we do what we have to do."
Andy Hart reports Tedy Bruschi says N-O to T.O in NE.
"I don’t think so," Bruschi said, building steam before concluding with a reference to T.O.’s infamous shirtless driveway workout.
"Because…The reason why Randy Moss and also Corey Dillon, if you go back a little more to Corey Dillon, is that there were so many veteran influences, positive veteran influences in that locker room. You looked around and saw all of these players, that they were great examples and those players just sort of fell in line. Right now this is a young team, a young team that needs to develop its leadership. They don’t need a personality like Terrell Owens in that locker room.
"And listen, Terrell Owens saying he would play for the New England Patriots is just throwing bait out there and seeing if anybody bites.
"If Terrell Owens plays for New England Patriots I’ll take off my shirt in my driveway and start doing sit-ups. How about that? It’s not happening. Come on."
- Andy Hart recaps Wes Welker's appearance on ESPN Radio Wednesday as part of his alliance with the Gatorade High School Player of the Year Award.
- Erik Scalavino notes the Pats weren't impressed enough to invest a draft pick on any players in the supplemental draft.
- PFW in Progress - 7/15/10 Edition: A discussion of T.O.'s comments that he would like to become a Patriot, a preview of Training Camp and more. (1:57:11 audio)
- Albert Breer scouts the schedule. Today it's the New York Jets, the Patriots week 2 opponent and division rival.
- Albert Breer sees Wes Welker's inference that he's training and not rehabbing as further evidence that his availability for Week 1 against the Bengals is very much in play.
- Jeff Howe notes Wes Welker is impressing everyone with his resiliency.
- Jeff Howe asserts the Patriots can expect an even bigger year from Jerod Mayo, fully healthy and with two seasons under his belt.
- Karen Guregian sees Vince Wilfork as one of the primary faces of the franchise. "He’s an in-the-trenches, get rough, get dirty, smack-you-in-the-mouth DL."
- Karen Guregian notes Vince Wilfork let it be known that he'd love to keep Logan Mankins as a New England Patriot." "He's the best offensive guard out there. Hands down."
- Jerry Spar recaps Vince Wilfork's appearance on WEEI's Dennis & Callahan show Thursday morning.
- Albert Breer notes Randy Moss caught himself a new agent, high-profile player rep Joel Segal.
- Sports Illustrated New NFL quarterback-receiving combos.
- For rookies, special teams is the ticket. Why the kicking game is essential to winning a roster spot in the NFL. (Nat'l Football Post)
- Michael Fabiano (NFL.com) Important Training Camp depth chart battles loom.
- Jack Bechta (Nat'l Football Post) A night at the ESPYs.
- Randy Cross (Nat'l Football Post) "It's the most Favre-rful time of the year." Will he or won't he?