Karen Guregian reports Tom Brady and Robert Kraft played a round of golf together at Willowbend Country Club, a private course in Mashpee.
It was just the two of them, playing a round on a gorgeous Sunday morning.
At the very least, their relationship is good. Whatever problems or tension that may or may not have come up with trying to hammer out a new contract, does not appear to have affected them personally.
Who knows [if it means they are any closer to striking a deal], but this has to be considered a very good sign going forward. Having Brady and Kraft on friendly terms, out on a beautiful day, sharing a golf cart, has to be a positive. Think the contract didn’t come up at some point, driving from hole to hole?
Maybe it didn’t. But if we hear about a deal being struck this week, or in the not-so-distant future, a golf date at Willowbend may have played a part.
Mike Reiss lists five things we've learned about the Pats.
1. They are young, but talented, in some key spots. The New York Jets created an offseason buzz by signing and acquiring big-name veterans, stealing many AFC East headlines from the Patriots, who have gone the opposite direction by loading up in the draft. This team has some promising talent from the last two drafts that has yet to emerge from a national perspective -- such as cornerback Darius Butler, safety Patrick Chung, receiver Julian Edelman, offensive tackle Sebastian Vollmer and tight ends Aaron Heranandez and Rob Gronkowski -- and their contributions will be a big factor in the team's success.
Robert Lee highlights some of Bill Belichick's comments at his Friday morning presser, including praise for BenJarvus Green-Ellis.
"I think he's improved over the last two years significantly," Belichick said. "...Benny works hard and he's tough. He's very professional and he really takes his job seriously. When you tell him to improve in something, he'll work very diligently to do it."
- Erik Scalavino reports Vince Wilfork welcomes the Saints challenge.
- Patriots Today - Fans are all about autographs. (2.54 min. video)
- Locker Room Uncut - Wilfork and Maroney after practice. (5.05 min. video)
- Mike Reiss offers some quick-hit thoughts from the Patriots and around the NFL.
- Monique Walker offers a breakdown of the Patriots practice schedule through Thursday's preseason game.
- Karen Guregian lists five things we need to know as the Saints come marching in.
- Shalise Manza Young reports a team of officials will be on hand Tuesday and Wednesday to educate the players and coaches on new rules and changes to existing ones.
- Michael Whitmer profiles BenJarvus Green-Ellis's not-so-smooth road to the NFL, and notes the undrafted RB is hoping to solidify his role on the team.
- Mark Farinella offers some pretty interesting nuggets about the Patriots from the new 2010 digital media guide. Worth a look to learn more about the players and what they do outside of football.
- Mike Reiss revises his opinion on the Patriots interest in Aaron Schobel.
- Tom E. Curran points out that the Patriots may want Schobel, but he may not want them.
- Mike Reiss says the absence of Logan Mankins, and now his replacement, could derail New England's offense.
- Mike Reiss offers his opinion as to how the left guard depth chart looks now without Mankins and Kaczur.
- Ian Rapoport discusses Ryan Wendell's relationship with Logan Mankins, and how Wendell is now vying for Mankins' spot on the line.
- Jeff Howe reports Patriots CB Leigh Bodden and LB Gary Guyton have each suffered knee injuries, but neither are serious and it is believed that both players will return to the field soon.
- Mark Farinella catches up with 2009 Patriots sack leader Tully Banta-Cain. Belichick says he really picked up where he left off last year and is having a good camp.
- Mike Reiss notes the Patriots' running backs remain consistent but still have work to do before the season kicks off.
- Karen Guregian notes Kevin Faulk credits his wife's healthy cooking for his leaner look.
- Mark Farinella gets Vince Wilfork's thoughts on how camp has been progressing so far and what he thinks of the walkthrough practices.
- Christopher Price lists five Patriots who might be on the bubble.
- Robert Mays notes Kyle Arrington recorded at least one special teams tackle in all but one of his appearances, becoming a standout on kick coverage.
- Jeff Howe says Rob Ninkovich is fitting in just fine with the Patriots.
- Mike Rodak explains why Denver placed 3rd year safety Josh Barrett on waivers in the first place, and how Belichick was able to claim him.
- Ian Rapoport recaps Bill Belichick's Friday presser about accellerating installation, veteran attendance, who gets more snaps and more.
- Christopher Price looks at which teams are the Patriots most frequent trade partners, based on how they've operated in recent years.
- Adam Schefter was a guest on WEEI with Dale Arnold and Troy Brown, who was filling in for Michael Holley.
- Mark Farinella notes the strides Brian Hoyer has made as a backup to Tom Brady.
- Mike Reiss and Adam Schefter talk about the young talent on the Patriots, Tom Brady's dominance in the division, and Wes Welker's incredible return. (4 min. video)
- Ian Rapoport talks about rookie tight ends Aaron Hernandez and Rob Gronkowski, who offer plenty of talent and even more hope for the Patriots offense.
- Ian Rapoport reports rookie Taylor Price is quick to adapt to life in Pats camp - including carrying Randy Moss's pads.
Christopher Price catches up with Tyrone McKenzie, saying the rookie linebacker is eager to get his career started,,as a pro, and to get out there and get after it.
- Karen Guregian notes Darius Butler has been staying after practices using the JUGS machine so he can improve his hands.
- Ian Rapoport gets Laurence Maroney's explanation of why his hair looks so "rough" and why it's a good thing.
- Karen Guregian catches Fred Taylor discussing the art of the blitz pickup.
- Ian Rapoport takes us back in time to the night of Brandon Tate's ACL tear.
Albert Breer's training camp tour, Day 6: Ravens, Day 7: Redskins, Day 8: Eagles.
- JJ Cooper (NFL Fanhouse) Logan Mankins just gained some leverage.
- Tim Graham (ESPN) Patriots have critical issue at left guard.
- Sean Deveney (Sporting News) Patriots counting on Wilfork to lead the way.
- Sean Deveney (Sporting News) Patriots camp report: Can young receivers step up?
- AP (ESPN) Laurence Maroney vows to be physical.
- John McClain (Houston Chronicle) Should the Texans sign Schobel?
- Lindsay Jones (Denver Post) Josh McDaniels announced Thursday afternoon that third-year safety Josh Barrett would be placed on IR with a shoulder injury, but the Patriots claimed him off waivers.
- Tim Graham (ESPN) Stats say Bledsoe deserves Hall of Fame.
- Tim Graham (ESPN) Rex Ryan: 'I know what's going to happen.'
- Kerry J. Byrne (Cold Hard Football Facts) The HOF 2010 ceremony in review.
- Michael David Smith (ProFootballTalk) More players sound off on Roger Goodell's visits.
- Dan Graziano (NFL Fanhouse) Goodell's locker room meetings aren't going well.
- Kerry J. Byrne (SI) Rice and Smith were the most productive, but not the best ever.
- look for in preseason? (Nat'l Football Post) What do NFL teams
- Judy Battista (NY Times) NFL gives lower-body padding a tryout.
- Doug Farrar (Yahoo! Sports) Super Bowl XL head official admits to blown calls.