Bill Belichick addresses the media Wednesday afternoon.
Jets week - always a big week around here. [It's a] division game on the road, so we know how tough this is going to be. The Jets are certainly an outstanding football team. They showed that last year. We've been keeping our eye on them here through the preseason. We know it's going to be a tough environment down there - good football team and we're going to have to play well. We've got a lot to prepare for. They do a good job. They give you a lot of schemes to get prepared for in all three phases of the game and have a lot of good players doing it. [They're a] well-coached, tough, physical team, so hopefully we can have a good week of practice and go down there and play well on Sunday. That's the goal.
answers questions from reporters at his locker yesterday.
Q: Last year in the first game when you played the Jets, you didn't have Wes Welker. In the second game, he played. The Jets talked about how that made a huge difference. Did you think that was a huge difference between the second game where you blew them out and the first game where they beat you guys pretty well?
TB: Julian [Edelman] took Wes's spot in the first game and had a pretty good game down there, too. What they were trying to do was take away our outside receivers and throw to the guy on the inside. We did that in both games. Hopefully with Julian and Wes, both of them will be able to be a factor in the game if Julian plays. Hopefully he does. They're going to have to deal with all of us. What we showed in the second game was we were better prepared for what they were doing. [In] the first game we played, we didn't do a very good job of picking up their pressures. They're a blitzing team. If you don't pick up a blitzing team's blitzes, they're going to stay at it. They really got after us and forced a lot of drives we ended up killing ourselves [on].
- Erik Scalavino says that despite their inexperience, the Patriots defensive backs are starting to form a tight bond.
- Patriots-Jets Wednesday Injury Report.
- Wednesday Pressers: Tom Brady (9.17 min. video) and Bill Belichick (11.29 min. video) Plus Transcripts.
- Patriots Today - Wednesday practice report. (1.27 min. video)
- Patriots Today - Matt Light Celebrity Shootout. (1.24 min. video)
- Belichick Breakdown: Patriots vs. Bengals. (4.02 min. video)
- Patriots Playbook - 9/15/10 Edition. (1:50:38 audio)
- PFW In Progress - 9/15/10 Edition. (2:0:31 min. audio)
- Ian Rapoport can't help but notice the players being more quiet than usual in the locker room this week, not feeding into any Pats-Jets hype.
- Mike Petraglia hears Tom Brady give the Jets their props.
- Dan Shaughnessy says Brady hates the Jets. We hate the Jets. It’s Jets week, and Sunday can’t get here soon enough.
- Christopher Price reveals what Bill Belichick and Rex Ryan think of each other.
- Albert Breer catches Jets CB Darrelle Revis' feelings on the Patriots and Randy Moss.
- Ron Borges doesn't see Revis backpedaling off his 'slouch' remark but he knows Moss will come prepared on Sunday.
- Mike Reiss says the Patriots and Jets do things differently, and seeing those styles clash throws another log on this fiery rivalry. Plus, Pats-Jets three keys to Sunday (1.23 min. video)
- Mike Reiss contributes to some SportsCenter Patriots talk. (3.04 min. video)
- Mike Reiss reports on the trickle-down effects of the Maroney deal and how BenJarvus Green-Ellis has the coach's confidence.
- Jeff Howe sees Javarris James set to step into Patriots' offense after trade of Laurence Maroney.
- Michael Hurley tells us how Laurence Maroney can still help the Patriots in a major way.
- Albert Breer talks about the domino effect of Randy Moss coming to New England.
- Ian Rapoport notes the Patriots have moved on without Laurence Maroney.
- Monique Walker hears Patriots RBs BenJarvus Green-Ellis and Kevin Faulk react to the Maroney trade.
- Mike Reiss notes OL Quinn Ojinnaka has restructured his contract.
- Mike Reiss looks at the seven players the Patriots had in for tryouts.
- Ian Rapoport notes three players got cut yesterday - well, their mustaches did anyway.
- Mike Reiss and Mike Rodak point out the six practice players of the week, that helped the Pats prepare for their win over the Bengals.
- Ian Rapoport posts his video of the day: Randy Moss cutting the ribbon for the grand opening of Capital One's Invisible Bank at Quincy Market Tuesday. (1.34 min.)
- Michael Whitmer Patriots Notebook: Fans who left early hear it from Brady; Tom Brady Sr. talks about the worries he has as a parent for the safety of his son; Stephen Gostkowski is the only remaining Patriot out of ten from the 2006 draft class; Banta-Cain talks about the Jets offense without fanning the flames; Dan Koppen knows the Jets D is more than capable even without Kris Jenkins; Injury update.
- Kirk Minihane answers the WEEI Patriots mailbag.
- NFL Live crew Mark Schlereth and Tedy Bruschi talk Pats-Jets. (2.36 min. video).
- It is all about the quarterback for the Jets. (Nat'l Football Post)
- Clifton Brown (Sporting News) Patriots vs. Jets: Moss visits Revis Island.
- J.P. Pelzman (Sporting News) Week 2 matchup: New England Patriots at New York Jets. Three story lines.
- Adam Schein (Fox Sports) Pats are still a force. Biggest story was the instant growth of Bill Belichick's young defense, a group that looked over-matched in August.
- Andrew Brandt (Nat'l Football Post) Randy's rant; was almost a Packer (twice).
- Rich Cimini (ESPNNY) Belichick admits he watched "Hard Knocks". Just a peek.
- Tim Graham (ESPN) Tom Brady generating MVP buzz already.
- Mike Sando (ESPN) MVP Watch.
- Chris Chase (Yahoo! Sports) Brady on 12th SI cover, ties Montana for most-ever by NFL player.
- Tim Graham (ESPN) AFC East Stock Watch.
- NFL.com Week 1 Top 10 performances. (2.41 min. video) Wes Welker makes the list.
- Johnette Howard (ESPN) The downside to Rex Ryan's bluster.
- Aaron Wilson (Nat'l Football Post) Adalius Thomas visits the Dolphins.
- Jim Weber (Yahoo! Sports) 'He Hate Me' is finding that he loves acting.
- Gregg Easterbrook (ESPN) TMQ: Is Texans' win a sign of Armageddon?
- Frank Deford (SI) Since field goals are so easy to make, why not devalue them.
VIEW FROM NEW YORK
- Mark Cannizzaro (NY Post) Revis' goal: Turn Moss into a 'slouch' again.
- Gary Myers (NY Daily News) Jets CB Darrelle Revis will have WR Randy Moss locked down on Revis Island Sunday.
- Jenny Vrentas (NJ Star-Ledger) Darrelle Revis expects Randy Moss to have 'some tricks up his sleeve'.
- Colin Stephenson (NJ Star-Ledger) Tom Brady won't try to target Jets' CB Darrelle Revis.
- Steve Serby (NY Post) Jets must wipe smile off chatty Tom's face.
- Hank Gola (NY Daily News) Tom Brady hears all the Jets talk but says Patriots 'go about our business a different way'.
- Howard Ulman, AP (NY Post) Patriots rule AFC East for at least another week.
- Manish Mehta (NY Daily News) Shonn Greene: "If you fumble, you're not getting back in the game."
- NewYorkJets.com Wednesday News Conferences: Rex Ryan and Mark Sanchez.