Bill Belichick assesses Sunday's loss to the Jets with the media.
After watching the tape [and] going through the game, there're obviously a lot of things we need to do better. [I] feel like we can do better - should do better. So we've just got to get back to work this week and get ready for Buffalo and also get things straightened out on our end - just things we need to do better. It's pretty much across the board and all three phases of the game: playing, coaching, offense, defense, special teams, you name it. It's just not as efficient as what it needs to be.
I couldn't put [the game turning] on one play. We looked at the tape. We had a lot of corrections on everything - just things we needed to do better: offense, defense, special teams [and] all four downs. A lot of times there're good things on the play and one thing messes it up. Sometimes there're some bad things on a play and one good thing saves it. Overall, we need to do a better job.
"It’s time to grow up," Taylor said of questions about the growing pains of Patriots rookies and second-year players learning to deal with losses like Sunday’s 28-14 setback in the Meadowlands. "Growing pains. You either get it or you’re out of it. That’s the way this league works."
"I don’t want to say young defense or this or that," he continued. "We’re all professional athletes right now playing professional football in the NFL. All of us are getting paid quite well do to our job so that’s the only thing I expect from the guys on the team. Personally, I always try to do my hardest, whether it’s to uplift the team, inspire guys around me, I always give it a 110 when I’m out there."
- Erik Scalavino reports the Patriots are searching for positives from the loss to NY.
- Patriots locker room quotes from Monday.
- Bill Belichick Monday Presser (12.20 min. video) plus transcript.
- Patriots Today - Belichick on WEEI Patriots Monday. (3.06 min. video)
- Patriots Today - Breaking down loss to the Jets. (3.41 min. video)
- Patriots Today - Moss's 150th career touchdown. (1.46 min. video)
- Patriots Today - Wilfork, Meriweather on Patriots Monday. (4.47 min. video)
- Locker Room Uncut - More reactions after Pats' loss. (3.33 min. video)
- Shalise Manza Young found Belichick critical of the team's performance in all phases of the game.
- Ian Rapoport looks at three jump ball situations and how the Jets would always come down with the ball.
- Mike Reiss looks at some of the bright spots from Sunday, noting Tom Brady was frustrated but not discouraged.
- Mike Reiss notes Pat Chung leads the team with 23 tackles.
- Albert Breer gives Darius Butler credit for recognizing his mistakes, standing up and taking the heat.
- Mike Reiss looks at the heavy usage of multiple TEs in Sunday's game plan.
- Mike Reiss provides the stats for who Tom Brady has targeted in the first two games.
- Mike Reiss recaps Fred Taylor's playing time and the RB rotation.
- Tom E. Curran reports the Patriots have a cause for concern over Faulk's knee.
- Tom E. Curran notes that with Faulk in trouble, the Pats may turn to newly signed RB Danny Woodhead.
- Mike Reiss notes that how the Patriots handled the Jets blitz turned out to be only a minor factor.
- Mike Reiss looks at the defensive breakdown from Sunday.
- Albert Breer explains why the Bills game is a big one.
- Tom E. Curran says the Patriots are not tough enough to travel.
- Shalise Manza Young Patriots Notebook: Stephen Gostkowski is working hard to correct the mistakes from his unlikely 1 for 4 start; Meriweather appeared as part of the Patriots' nickle package instead of their base defense; No word yet on Kevin Faulk's injury; Belichick was upset over Eric Smith's helmet-to-helmet launching hit on Wes Welker; Randy Moss' one-handed grab impresses.
- Christopher Price offers his Hot List of Moss' most memorable receptions as a Patriot.
- Mike Petraglia says that with the cobwebs gone, Edelman is ready to make an impact.
- WEEI Patriots Monday: Tom Brady (18.35 min.) Plus transcript, Brandon Meriweather (13.41 min.) plus transcript, Vince Wilfork (13.56 min.) plus transcript and Bill Belichick (28.44 min.) plus transcript: Part one and Part two.
- Mike Rodak reviews the Jets game and offers his observations: First quarter, Second quarter, Third quarter and Fourth quarter.
- Tony Massarotti starts his five flags for the Patriots column with a "shame on you" if you got your hopes up following the Week 1 victory over the Bengals.
- Gerry Callahan writes the Patriots' young defensive backs struggled in coverage Sunday, but it is silly to expect anything more.
- Chris Gasper says the Patriots don't have a coaching advantage against Rex Ryan's jets.
- Albert Breer wonders if coaching is an issue for the Patriots.
- Ron Borges Patriots Report Card.
- Tim Graham (ESPN) Braylon Edwards arrest raises new issues.
- Kerry Byrne (Cold Hard Football Facts) Jets find Belichick defense the cure for what ails ya.
- Tim Graham (ESPN) Has Bill Belichick's genius license expired?
- Kevin Fishbain (Pro Football Weekly) A couple of tight ends led their teams in receiving in Week Two, and they were both rookies.
- Week 2 post game notebook (Nat'l Football Post)
- Don Banks (SI) Two weeks into the season, the QB carousel's spinning out of control.
- Jerome Bettis (SI) Panic time for Vikings; which surprise 2-0 teams are legit.
- Randy Cross (Nat'l Football Post) Who's toast after Week 2?