Bill Belichick offers his post-game remarks.
Well, obviously a disappointing way to end the season. We just didn't do enough things well today to win. That's obvious. The Jets did better than we did. We just have to go on from here, but that's a tough way to end it. We're a better team than [the way] we played today, but we weren't today, so that's all of our responsibilities - all of us that participated in the game. We just didn't do a good enough job.
I think overall the Jets did a good job. That includes everybody, not [to] single anybody out. They all did a good job - better than we did.
shock of the season being over, especially with the high expectations from the team and the fans.talks about the
It's like you're on the treadmill running at 10 miles an hour and then someone just hits the stop button. I think we certainly expected to play better today. I think we're a pretty good football team, but not when we play like today. Like I said, a lot of the credit goes to the Jets and the way their players performed. It's disappointing the way we performed. I certainly wish I did a better job.
I think our expectations were very high. I think you finish the way we did - we won a bunch in a row against some very good teams and played well... But playoff football comes and really it comes down to who makes the plays and we made too many mistakes. It's totally a new season. There is a sign back there that said 0-0 and that's the truth. Every team really has the same opportunity once you're in the playoffs and we've seen that throughout the playoffs. A lot of teams had great seasons, but there's ultimately only one Super Bowl winner and in order to get to that game and to win it, you've got to play really well in the playoffs. I think that the teams that are still playing have played really well. I think the teams that aren't, certainly haven't played their best games.
- Post Game Notes: Patriots vs. Jets.
- Post Game Pressers: Bill Belichick (5.33 min. video) and Tom Brady (6.01 min. video).
- Erik Scalavino thinks New England's early playoff exit looked eerily similar to their loss in Super Bowl XLII.
- Post Game Quotes: Patriots and Jets.
- Locker Room Uncut - Player thoughts after season-ending stunner. (3.55 min. video)
- Shalise Manza Young says the Patriots were 'taken out with the trash' as the Ryan's Jets back up pregame talk and pick up the win.
- Karen Guregian writes the Patriots season wasn't supposed to end this way.
- Mike Reiss offers his initial reaction to the Patriots loss.
- Steven Krasner gathers up some comments from a sober Patriots locker room.
- Ron Borges observes Tom Brady was merely human Sunday, and that was nowhere near enough for the Patriots.
- Bob Ryan notes the Patriots were whipped fair and square due to, as Brady put it, a lack of execution.
- Mike Reiss reports the Patriots will have their final team meeting today, coming a lot sooner than hoped.
- Dan Shaughnessy paints the loss to the Jets as worse than ... pretty much anything.
- Mike Rodak reports the Patriots will coach the AFC in the Pro Bowl.
- Ian Rapoport and Karen Guregian Patriots Notebook: Deion Branch was embarrassed by the classless way certain Jets players handled their victory, but offers no excuses for the Pats loss; Wes Welker had nothing to say about his early benching; Tom Brady talked about getting picked; Matt Light and Fred Taylor talk about their future; Rob Ninkovich suffered a knee injury in the third quarter.
- Christopher Price lists his ten things we learned Sunday: Nightmare will haunt Patriots all offseason.
- Dan Ventura offers his best and worst of yesterday's game.
- Mike Reiss offers his 3 up and 3 down for the Patriots.
- Peter King (SI) MMQB: After signature playoff weekend, labor cloud hangs heavy over NFL.
- NFL Game Center: New York Jets at New England Patriots.
- Game notes: Jets-Patriots. (Nat'l Football Post)
- Tim Graham (ESPN) Jets 'marked a little territory' at Pats' house.
- Tim Graham (ESPN) Rapid Reaction: Jets 28, Patriots 21.
- Vic Carucci (NFL.com) Jets can keep yapping, like it or not.
- Don Banks (SI) Jets take cues from bold, brash Ryan in upset of top-seeded Pats.
- Jason Whitlock (Fox Sports) Jets win more than just a playoff game.
- Pat Kirwan (NFL.com) For second consecutive week, Jets knock off all-time great QB.